Re-Stringing a net

Rolf

Rolf

Anyone here ever do it? I was given a nice Brodin some years back and its finally time for a new net. The frame is fine. I was thinking about their new, (to me), Ghost bag. Just wondering if this is rocket science or not.

Thanks,
Rolf

Send Albatross a PM he replaced his old netting with one of those measure nets. Of course that'll kill all your lying... :)

Rolf - Don't let this project scare you - it's super easy.

Some 30lb dacron backing (25' or so), a griffin bobbin threader, and you're in business. Just look at the net and how the cord is run before you cut the old bag off, and it becomes pretty obvious as to how it is attached. Start at the handle side of the hoop.

Took me less than 20 minutes to do. If you don't like the looks, just start over. I dyed my backing black with RIT dye, and the resulting finished product looks better than new.

The measure nets are easier, but they don't look as good on a nice frame, IMHO. The Ghost net bag is next for me - I'm gonna dye the backing to match the frame. :-D

tomgamber wrote:
Send Albatross a PM he replaced his old netting with one of those measure nets. Of course that'll kill all your lying... :)

Forget it! Given my fishing skills, I NEED to lie!

Here is the link Alby posted during the past net discussion.

http://www.themeasurenet.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=25

here is the discussion.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8095&forum=3&post_id=86512#forumpost86512

I'll second Tom's suggestion...
;-)

This.... :roll:

net1.jpg

or this....... :)

net2.jpg

You make the call..... :-D

Practical tool or work of art, you make the call...
:-D

Get the rubber mesh bag pictured below. How long is this pretty rainbow? Looks like 9 + 7 = 16 inches to me...

I don't generally net fish under about 12 inches, but I like a net for larger fish. I also like to carry a net that can handle a big fish should I catch one. I use the large net bag which will accomodate trout to the mid twenties...

Attachments

• 0418200910130.jpg
    0418200910130.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 2
another measure net victim, courtesy Ably's son.

Attachments

• 0613091907a.jpg
    0613091907a.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1
Back