Raystown Branch Juniata River - Fishing Conditions

goose54cdd

goose54cdd

Can anybody make an educated guess as to whether or not the Raystown Branch at Saxton will be fishable tomorrow? I was thinking of taking a drive.
Thanks

It certainly will be fishable. Rain has already mostly run through. I would suspect it will be clear. What are you targeting?

Thanks, but I fished there on Saturday. The water was very low and barely moving. I only caught 2 small bass and 2 sunfish on an Old Mister Wiggly. I'll wade below the lake next time. I'm trying to find a place I can wade fish for bass since I have no boat.
I don't know if I can get out again before August 2 when I get a new right shoulder.

Ok got ya. Yea I’d imagine it’s very low. I was near there Friday of last week and it was up a TINY bit from earlier and slightly stained from thunderstorms. Obviously it was back to very low when you got to it Sunday. Good luck to you anyways it’s fun water with a variety of fish, at times.

Ok got ya. Yea I’d imagine it’s very low. I was near there Friday of last week and it was up a TINY bit from earlier and slightly stained from thunderstorms. Obviously it was back to very low when you got to it Sunday. Good luck to you anyways it’s fun water with a variety of fish, at times.

Thanks. It's hard to judge with all the streams being so low now. I'm sure it would have fished much better with live bait.

Your welcome man, anytime.

Yea I take my little boy there a fair amount spin fishing for smallies, it usually fishes decent.

I'm not sure if the southern part of the state got any rain, but we got a good bit in the north central part of the state yesterday. I'm thinking about heading down to fish the Raystown Branch one day this week, so if anybody knows current conditions or has a prediction for what it will look like later this week, I'm all ears.

Back