This was fun.

Attachments

• rainbow trout 2.jpg
    rainbow trout 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 12
  • rainbow trout.jpg
    rainbow trout.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 4
I think you are going to be disappointed in the way they cast and fish. That body material retains a TON of water and finished flies tend to do some pretty funky maneuvers unless absolutely perfectly tied and balanced. Even then, the bottom line is that the action is usually unpredictable... in a bad way. They aren't controllable like jerk bait or something. But by far the biggest problem is the how much water they retain.

Long story short, feather game changers behave much better. Likewise the style of articulated flies popularized by Kelly Galloup fish better.

I have a few other materials Im looking at to substitute on this. Im not too worried about the casting, I have a 10 weight that launches pretty well.

Looking at SF brushes, Bucktail, and a few other materials. I just had picked some up and wanted to give it a try. THe game changer material is not the easiest to work with, but was fun to play with. Won't know until I get to chuck it.

I have pretty much gone exclusively to the feathered game changers. They cast like a bullet, you can tie them much faster, and I think that they have more lifelike action with the feather barbules being as flexible as they are.

Back