Rain?

salmo

salmo

Has North Central Pennsylvania had any significant rainfall in the past couple of weeks? The lower Delaware Valley is quite green.

Not near as much as the eastern part of the state. Some areas have fared better than others. Williamsport got 3.5 in rain Saturday night, lock Haven barely had measurable rain. Streams are at about average summer low flows in many cases.

Central PA Streams are close to "normal" flow rates for this time of year. Streams have recovered well from the dry June we had.

Hey, more rain in the Del. Val. in the last two days. Hopefully in Central and North Central Pa. also.

No, NC got short changed once again. :mad:

I fished in NCPA two of the last three weekends. Flows aren’t high or ideal, but they’re far from low. I’d call them “average” for July. I had good fishing both days in the general area along 120 from Lock Haven to Renovo. FWIW.

I’m an admitted flow chaser, but I’ve tried to worry about it less the last few years and fish more in “low” conditions. Downsize your offerings and fish from further away. It’s a challenge, but it’s made me better.

I fished in NCPA two of the last three weekends. Flows aren’t high or ideal, but they’re far from low. I’d call them “average” for July. I had good fishing both days in the general area along 120 from Lock Haven to Renovo. FWIW.

I’m an admitted flow chaser, but I’ve tried to worry about it less the last few years and fish more in “low” conditions. Downsize your offerings and fish from further away. It’s a challenge, but it’s made me better.
You worry about it less because you realize it's become the norm. :) Have you fished that one spot north of Renovo yet this season?

You worry about it less because you realize it's become the norm. :) Have you fished that one spot north of Renovo yet this season?
No, not yet.

You may be right, but some of those gauges go back many many years. There is lot of historical data indicating low Summer flows being “normal”.

For instance, the median Summer low on Kettle typically occurs in early September and the median is a little under 30 cfs. Sure, there are years that it goes lower than that, half to be exact, but also half of the time the lowest flow is above that. 30
CFS on Kettle looks pretty skinny, even worse on the tribs, but is a “normal” occurrence 50% of Summers.

(Kettle is at 50ish now, FWIW.)

Looks like they’re gonna get a good shot this evening.

Fingers crossed!

Hope so. I'm watching the radar closely. I can roll at a moments notice. ;)

Let me know how you do if you head up that way. I’ve got family stuff going all weekend. Gonna be a no fishing weekend for me.

Has North Central Pennsylvania had any significant rainfall in the past couple of weeks? The lower Delaware Valley is quite green.
Parts of Northampton County got 4" of rain in one day this past week.

Back