Rain Dance , 11pm

Bruno

Bruno

With the lack of water and all of the off topic posts we obviously need as a group to go fishing. The issue here is that there is no friggin water.

I propose that all board members go outside tonight at 11pm EST and do a rain dance. Mine will be fuled by Dales Pale Ale. That way I can ensure that the grass get a little water for sure.

Bruno,

I'm in! We really need a little rain before the stocking trucks come rolling through next week with fresh trouts for us wild deprived southwestern PA flyfishers.

We could use one of these Bruno...This was the night I arrived at the Jam, Hank and I sat out a T-storm in the back of my van under the decklid until it got too wild. We were chased inside, good thing we had the coolers with us. After an hour and 3 yeunglings we fished last hour of daylight.

Great idea Bruno! I’m in and can “relocate” some Yuengling while dancing tonight. I’ve already cancelled two trips scheduled for the next two weeks so I’ll try almost anything if it brings rain.

Rolf

PS – Perhaps a “sacrifice” would be in order. I suggest Tim Murphy. :-D

I'm off Thursday on my October camping/fishing trip. Expect violent storms and flooding on Thursday night. Especially in Cumberland and York counties. It happens about half the time I plan one of these.

Rolf; did you have the get togehter up on Elk?

Maybe you guys could schedule a Jamboree. Or get Paul G and Sally to go up to their camper.

Bruno- the rain dance is starting to have an effect. Seems to be a good chance at rain today and tomorrow. YEA!!!

Rolf; did you have the get togehter up on Elk?

Yes we did Joe. it was a lot of fun as usual with probably close to 60 rods or so available to try out. Elk has VERY low water and Penns was warm. Spring fished fairly well.

Rolf

Ok did not work here in the burgh. Now I am going to try to appease the rain god with music. I am playing :

Samba in the Rain - Grateful Dead

Cold Rain and Snow – An Old Time Song best done by Del McCoury

Rain – Beatles

Hard Rain Gonna Fall – Dylan

Singing in The Rain – Jamie Cullem Cover

The River's Rising - Left Over Salmon.

And of course I am ending it with ..... I don't know why I love her like I do ...............................

Where's "fool in the rain" by zep?

Red Rain - Peter Gabriel

800 songs about rain Link.

Id have to agree with jayL, gotta go with some Zep. I have a weird superstition that any time you hear Zepplin on the way to fishing your in for a good day. Especially ramble on. It has to be on the radio though. Once Ive hear em on the radio I throw in the CD. I have actually changed my destination to somewhere further just to have a better chance. You can also just use CCR for all water problems.
Have you ever seen the rain? Drought
Who'll stop the rain? Flood

It looks like your little rain dance worked - just had a pretty good thunderstorm roll thru here in Pittsburgh, with more on the way, according to weather .com
and it's all headed toward central and northern PA. Finally some relief

Had some rain last night in Camp Hill and more on the way...I.hope!

Pad

A jam will always bring. We've haven't ran into much rain at the camper this year, as you can tell by looking at Penns and Elk :-(

PaulG

Here it comes Jack!

No rain here since .3 inches on Saturday, and that didn't even wet the ground as dry as it's been.

The dance must be working, 2.8 inches at Hbg airport last night. We need more keep dancing!

You guys in CentreCo.will need to do a lot of dancing, after seeing Penns and Elk last week!

PaulG

My wish became my pain in the butt last night. A normal flight from Washington DC to pittsburgh 40 min. Last night delayed twice cause of the rain. Then the put us on a shuttle and drove us out to the plane. They then told us that they had no idea when we were taking off. We then sat on the runway for two hours.

We finally took off .................. White knucles for 40 min of the flight. I was a little buzzed and was enjoying the ride. The guy next to me was about rip the armrest off the seat.

I told him the old joke " Do you know how far one of the planes can fly with on engine? To the crash site........" I do not think he liked it to much.

Back