Quitty Tomorrow

J

JeffP

I was thinking about getting out tomorrow. Has anyone been hitting it lately? I was thinking about fishing the lower end but I haven't been there for a while. Overnight lows in the 50s should be ok for temps in morning. Thanks in advance!

I was thinking about getting out tomorrow. Has anyone been hitting it lately? I was thinking about fishing the lower end but I haven't been there for a while. Overnight lows in the 50s should be ok for temps in morning. Thanks in advance!

Lower end, meaning the Nature Park? Last time I fished it the trout population was terrible. Saw a few hog rainbows where one of the springs dumps in and caught a few other fish, but overall the population seemed fairly low. Looks like it's running around 50 CFS right now after a bump up to around 100 this morning. Good luck if you get out and let us know how you do!

IMG 0653

Way down from the nature park. Is it Sydner Road? Not a big fan of the nature park area. Thanks and I will report back! I don't know why I couldn't find the U.S.G.S.

Syner road I think it is. I can't find the flows on my phone. On my computer I see it as I type this response!

Well it wasn't a good morning. Went with my brother (Riverwhy) and a friend. We started way down where Syner Road crosses the creek. The 3 of us caught 2 sunfish and a chub. We went up close to Bellgrove Road. Nada. Saw 1 big fish which friend was pretty sure was a trout. Really didn't didn't see any fish. I did have a couple knocks that could have been trout at the damn by the redneck tiki bar. Beautiful morning if it weren't for the local militia training for the next armageddon. We did see a few fisherman out. The water felt warm at the lower end. I would guess upper 60s even with a night in the upper 50s. It felt a bit colder upstream.

Well it wasn't a good morning. Went with my brother (Riverwhy) and a friend. We started way down where Syner Road crosses the creek. The 3 of us caught 2 sunfish and a chub. We went up close to Bellgrove Road. Nada. Saw 1 big fish which friend was pretty sure was a trout. Really didn't didn't see any fish. I did have a couple knocks that could have been trout at the damn by the redneck tiki bar. Beautiful morning if it weren't for the local militia training for the next armageddon. We did see a few fisherman out. The water felt warm at the lower end. I would guess upper 60s even with a night in the upper 50s. It felt a bit colder upstream.
Dear Jeff,

You got to fish with your brother. That trumps a trout skunking 7 ways to Sunday bubba. ;)

I say that as a PA kid whose brothers live in CO and ND. I got to fish with my brother from CO this Memorial Day weekend. But I haven't seen my brother from ND in almost twenty years. The three of us fished in CO in the Summer of 2004. It is what it is, but neither time nor distance will change that bond.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dear Jeff,

You got to fish with your brother. That trumps a trout skunking 7 ways to Sunday bubba. ;)

I say that as a PA kid whose brothers live in CO and ND. I got to fish with my brother from CO this Memorial Day weekend. But I haven't seen my brother from ND in almost twenty years. The three of us fished in CO in the Summer of 2004. It is what it is, but neither time nor distance will change that bond.

Regards,

What Tim said! I've lost the two brothers that fished with me the most. Rare that I don't think about them when I'm on the water. Fortunately another brother lives near me and we were able to fish together recently for the first time in ages. Now that he got his lifetime license,(twisted his arm a little) looking forward to getting out with him again.

I only meant the fishing wasn't good! Company and lunch and beers at Rotunda were great! :)
I also wanted to mention the huge warehouses and earth moving on 422 around Rutters. Just pave it all over.

I only meant the fishing wasn't good! Company and lunch and beers at Rotunda were great! :)
I also wanted to mention the huge warehouses and earth moving on 422 around Rutters. Just pave it all over.
Dear Jeff,

I wasn't calling you out or anything. I'm glad you got time with your brother, and I agree, pave paradise and just put up the parking lot. ;)

If you get that reference, you're an old fart just like me so congrats!

Regards,

Yes, the amount of warehouse they're tossing up is cause for alarm. Killinger Creek dumps into the Quittie and is in "ground zero" in that cluster of warehouses. Not to mention the added truck traffic on 422, which isn't set up to handle that kind of volume. We could talk ad nauseum about the proliferation of mega warehouses (like the LL thread), but at the end of the day we're powerless to stop them, as the dollar reigns supreme. Back to the Quittie - as you know, it gets fished and harvested hard, so it's no surprise the trout population is low.

Untitled

I would think the people that put time in on the Quitty must be sick. It would be interesting to know how much fight and what requirements/restrictions were put on these projects.

I'm the only one in my family that's ever liked fishing, or anything outdoor pursuits for that matter. No one hunts, fishes, hikes, or camps with me. Even though I've got two older brothers, I've never known such a bond. I've always just been the black sheep.

Yinz' guys are lucky....

Local militia hahahaha

Quittie is a favorite social event public stream for Dauphin County League of Chubsmen events. If you want to hit the good chub n fall fish water ya gotta hit it lower down by palmyra sportsmans. Can be into 3” fall fish and chubs all day on dry flies.

When Life gives you degraded spring creeks slowly getting used and beat to death by “progress”/mankind like some kind of ecological snuff film……make lemonade.

Quittie is a favorite social event public stream for Dauphin County League of Chubsmen events. If you want to hit the good chub n fall fish water ya gotta hit it lower down by palmyra sportsmans. Can be into 3” fall fish and chubs all day on dry flies.

When Life gives you degraded spring creeks slowly getting used and beat to death by “progress”/mankind like some kind of ecological snuff film……make lemonade.
That's where we were!

Has anyone seen the work between Cleona and Lebanon? Just came through there today and they stripped away everything in the creek is flowing through a field of dirt. I imagine if somebody runs a sprinkler for 30 minutes it will turn the creek muddy for the next 12 miles. I'm sure that's also warming up the water temperatures as if the channelization through Lebanon didn't do enough.

I was just shocked to see it completely exposed.

It’s a flood plain project currently under construction not finished. The idea is when it rains and the toilet that is lebanon’s stormwater system( the quittie itself) is flushed, the water can spread out and unload some sediment.

Back