Quick clip?????

djs12354

djs12354

Looking for a clip of some type that can be attached to tippet to allow flies without having to tie a knot each time.

The reason I am searching for this is tremor in my left hand that makes it difficult to tie a knot some times.

This is the only such critter I am aware of for the purpose you describe. I've never used them, but the item description copy says the small size will float with a dry fly:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/No-Knot-Fast-Snaps/701927.uts

Best of Luck..

RLeep2 wrote:
This is the only such critter I am aware of for the purpose you describe. I've never used them, but the item description copy says the small size will float with a dry fly:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/No-Knot-Fast-Snaps/701927.uts

Best of Luck..

Looks like that may do the trick. Will have to pick some up when I am down by Hamburg.

Thanks !!

I have a pack of Mustad quick clips I acquired somehow that you are welcomed to. They are size 2. If you pm me your info, I’ll get them out to you immediately.

These: https://mustad-fishing.com/product/snap-hooks?color=Bronze

I was checking out the new Feathercraft catalog today and noticed two fly clips by Rio. Page 29 if you have the catalog. One is called Fly Clips and comes in three sizes for hooks from 4-16. Other is called Twist Clips, again in 3 sizes but for hooks from 1/0-10.

https://www.rioproducts.com/products/accessories/rio-fly-clips

Thanks to all for the help

I use the quick clips and fastach and love them but I would never use them for nymphs or dries they would create more drag. But they are great for streamers and poppers

Regardless of what you try or use, make sure you have a pair of hemostats with smooth jaws to hold the clip when initially tying it on and later when adding or removing flies.

The issue you have tying to tie a knot will definitely be a bigger problem trying to hold a 3-4mm long "clip" with your fingers.

Update:

KRS was kind enough to send me a pack of clips and I tied one up this am and think this will be a good route to follow.

I agree hemostats will be necessary.

Medication is helping with tremor, but med cycle allows it to be annoying when I am close to "pill time".

Bamboozle wrote:
Regardless of what you try or use, make sure you have a pair of hemostats with smooth jaws to hold the clip when initially tying it on and later when adding or removing flies.

The issue you have tying to tie a knot will definitely be a bigger problem trying to hold a 3-4mm long "clip" with your fingers.

Just clip it to your fly then tie it on your leader problem solved

Fredrick wrote:
Bamboozle wrote:

And how do you hold it to clip it to your fly if you are having issues like the OP describes?

Those clips are like a size 22 fly.

Bamboozle wrote:
Fredrick wrote:
Bamboozle wrote:

And how do you hold it to clip it to your fly if you are having issues like the OP describes?

Those clips are like a size 22 fly.

I guess i'm not the norm, I have been using them for two years and thats what works for me

Bamboozle

The shaking is not currently non-stop. It also has some dependency on where I am in the med cycle.

I think the hemo's will be a requirement as I move on with this shaking.

Whatever works for you.

Another thing you may want to consider which is what the tippet ring crowd does, store the Quick Clips on a safety pin (if you can find one that will fit through the "line hole".

safety pin, nice idea.

Dear person that is having a problem with trembling hands. I am working on some 9ft- 5x leaders and would be more than happy to send some to you with a fas-snap attached to tip.

the one's i have are small's color is silver. Mustad makes a bronze. Sorry, do not have any mustads.

If you fish wet flies at all i would be happy to set you up with some wet 2 droppers w/clips.

i do have a little info on snaps. www.kipperenterprises.com formerly, wilson-allen. 573-256-4451.
if still going, i hope.

mustad size 1 and 2 snaps from hagen's fishing component catalog. 2 is the smallest. mustad bronze 77145. 51.89 a thousand plus 10% excise tax and postage. hagen's will sell lesser than 1000 but a $1.00 less than minimum is charged. so all in all 100 should be around $10.00.
tollfree-1-800-541-4586
605-996-8946
www.hagensfish.com
hagensfish@santel.net email

they also carry full line of larva lace material, full line daiichi hooks, plus more. free catalog upon request

Maxima

Thanks for the kind offer. I use furled leaders (personal preference). Normally with 5 or 5 feet of tippet.

Hoping to get on the water this weekend and see how difficult the process is.

Dave

Back