Quick Allen Fly Fishing fly box review

Jeremi

Jeremi

Got the box in the mail today. Comparable to the large 20 row C and F boxes. The Allen box has a double sided swing leaf for a total of 40 rows. Don't care for the swing leaf. But can be taken out. Held #20's with no problems. Nice hinges, solid plastic. It is supposed to be waterproof. Is it? YES!!! Kept it submerged in the sink for over an hour. No water got inside. The C and F 20 row box sells for $47. Add the 20 row swing leaf to it for another $22. That's $69!! I paid $9. 50 for the box from Allen Fly Fishing. Would I recommend the box? That's a no brainer... HELL YEAH!!!

I got these boxes. I'll say great value but i have broken the plastic on the locking flap. Super glue has taken care of it for now but you can tell the difference in quality. I'll keep my C&F box but won't buy another at full price since these are around.

I have the same box from Allen. I am not a fan of the leaf and ripped it out right away because it would get caught when I would go to close it. His other fly box, the double sided clear one, I really like.

I also cut the swing leaf out as well. Forgot to add that with the box closed in stood on it. It held up to the 185lbs.

Back