Question for Mike

M

MissingPotter

Mike,

You have time to answer a question about Willow Creek in Berks? If so, would you prefer a PM or here?

I used to ish that as a kid 40+ Years ago. Was a cool little creek.

Type Willow into the search. Been discussed before. Might get your answer.

Here is a past thread about Willow >

If you didn’t find the answer in the above linked discussion, ask your question here and I’ll see if a pm is more appropriate.

Good morning,
Thanks for the responses-was cool to see references to the stream. I remember fishing a stream in that area, gosh, has it really been fifty years ago? It was really small. I mean small. However, it held native brook trout that were surprisingly large for its size. I didn't want to mention any actual landmarks (I didn't see any mentioned in either this thread or the other) in the event I had the crick name wrong. It would be hard for me to believe that the stream that I thought was Willow was actually stocked by the Fish Commission. That's why I was wondering if a PM would be more appropriate.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just not as familiar with the etiquette. It was so small I can't imagine it would sustain much pressure. Thanks again to all that responded.

Good morning,
Thanks for the responses-was cool to see references to the stream. I remember fishing a stream in that area, gosh, has it really been fifty years ago? It was really small. I mean small. However, it held native brook trout that were surprisingly large for its size. I didn't want to mention any actual landmarks (I didn't see any mentioned in either this thread or the other) in the event I had the crick name wrong. It would be hard for me to believe that the stream that I thought was Willow was actually stocked by the Fish Commission. That's why I was wondering if a PM would be more appropriate.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just not as familiar with the etiquette. It was so small I can't imagine it would sustain much pressure. Thanks again to all that responded.
I don't get it. What's the question for Mike?

I was going to give him a landmark location and see if it was the same stream.

Ha. Yeah, I mean that too. It's been cool reading through y'all's messages. I'd seen one about Kettle Creek a while back, and Charlie Stone, that really brought back memories.

Good morning,

Did you grow up nearby?

Sure did. Long time ago, seems like yesterday though!

I lived in the plan next to tge drive in.we rode our bikes down to fish willow

I was further away. When I got old enough to get a license I used to drive a late sixties Dodge Dart with three on the column that we used to grind all the way there.

Willow Ck stocked section is stocked with adult RT. The section limits run from the Rt 73 crossing between Rt 222 and Blandon upstream to a point where a long unnamed trib enters Willow about 0.5 mi upstream from Schaeffer Rd. It may read a bit differently in the stocking schedule. Much instream and riparian habitat work was done by the PFBC and volunteers throughout the mile between Rt 73 and Schaeffer Rd. Riparian plantings are now quite dense in places and providing much needed shade in the former meadow. Many undercut banks as overhead cover as well. Seasonally (cool water temps) one might capture an occasional wild ST, but the stretch is a warmwater stream that sinks fairly often under summer conditions, causing major kills of resident species.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike-trying to place Shaeffer road. Perhaps it was the trib that we fished that had the brookies. It was really small. I remember the meadow section near 222 but never fished that far down.

Back