Pymatuning area

• Thread starter Kill3ducks1deer
  • Start date
K

Kill3ducks1deer

I will be heading up Sunday to Pymatuning for a class of mine, don't need to be there till three so I figured I would make a day of it and do some fishing. Looking for some ideas for places to fish either close to Pymatuning or close to 79 on the way up from Washington county. Looking to wade and fish for bass, carp, drum, or pretty much whatever hits to be honest, just don't know the area well and was looking for some help.

Thanks dudes

Slippery rock creek passes right under 79.. good for carp and smallies

General area to fish? Looks like there is a campground there, can I walk along the creek there, or is it posted? Looks like there is a pull of on the other side of the road by the campground, I guess I can park there and walk it up or down in waders, any thoughts on which way to go?

Truthfully, I don't fish it often around that stretch where 79 crosses. if you hop off 79 at portersville (exit 96 i believe) and head west on 488 toward ellwood, you can go the to the fly fishing only.section and through a stretch of the lower side of McConnell mills state park. That's maybe a 10 minute ride from 79 ramps. Hit heinz camp road off of 488 and follow it down to the creek. No access issues there, plenty of fish through there albeit slightly more pressured water.

I will keep that in mind, I appreciate it man

Sure thing, there's other options like neshannock creek too, but that's a little further detour from 79 than slippery rock. Good luck

Back