Purchase Your Flies at the Sports Show and Support Trout Unlimited

F

Fishidiot

If you're not a fly tier (or even if you are), consider purchasing your flies for this season at the Harrisburg Sports and Outdoor Show (Feb 4-12).
In the fishing hall, you'll find a booth run by Cumberland Valley Trout Unlimited. For sale at this booth are all manner of flies but a particularly good selection of patterns for central PA, many of which are tied by some of the region's best tiers. Your purchase goes to support CVTU's mission and many projects to protect and restore some of our state's great legacy trout water.

You get world class flies and support CVTU.

What could be a better deal? :)

That's one of the main reasons I go to the show. They are good flys for a fair price and it supports TU.
Buffalo

Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to do that!

Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show

Booth 336 directly at the end of the casting pool, NICE!

See you on the 4th!

Does anyone know if there are going to be more seller stands there this year? Everything was mostly guided trips. I used to love the great deals you could get there in hears past on equiptment

Dry,
I don't know. The show seems to me to be pretty much the same set-up as it's been for decades: mostly outfitters (hunting) with a couple fly shops selling discounted gear and materials. Truth be told, I may be wrong as I don't have any insider info about the show and vendors.

Yea last year was kind of a bust I thought. Not enough vendors period. I think last year there was at most 5 stands selling ff gear. And some of the feathers and such were junk and they tried to push em on you. But hope I see a difference this year or I will never go again

Buffalo what day are you going down maybe I'll meet ya there and we can talk about what we were before

If you guys make it down on Saturday, stop by the Progressive Insurance booth and introduce yourself. I'm not looking forward to 12 hrs straight on my feet. ugh.

Make sure you get to the TU booth too.

Will Flo be there with ya Kray?

Attachments

• flo.jpg
    flo.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
I wish. If you've seen her w/o all the make up..... pretty sweet.

I'll be at the Lord Nelson's art gallery booth on Thursday, which is pretty close to the CVTU booth.
Don't be a stranger. :)

any chance the person who drew your avatar will be selling some of their work?

stopped up at the show, it was a mad house so we didn't go in. instead we went to bass pro and got some tying materials.

I'll be up to get some flies on thursday night, hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you fishidiot.

thanks to the fly tying jam this past year I felt confident enough to try tying, this is my best wooly bugger yet and is the result of our trip up today, thanks to heritage angler for putting that jam together, now I just have to get all the other stuff I can't tie thursday!

Attachments

• woolybully.jpg
    woolybully.jpg
    918.4 KB · Views: 4
Nice fly Tim - will catch fish, no doubt.

I should be at the Lord Nelson's booth all day - if I'm not there, check back shortly; will be wearing a dark blue baseball cap.

not gonna make it! darn it! I'm gonna try to get off early tomorrow. this sucks!

Went yesterday, was not impressed. Bright spot …The TU guys were there so I bought some flys and got to watch them tie a couple patterns. Nice guys
Bobby Clouser was NOT at the Bass Pro booth doing demos but they did say he is teaching the flytying lessons at the store.
Don’t know why but I bought a 9’ for 4 weight ‘ shu fly’ rod, just liked the way it felt. Salesman also said he had a bridge for sale in NY city but I figured NY was just too far to travel.
Phishing, Sorry, lost track of this thread. Think we have until the end of February to fish the Little Juniata Creek. Not sure if I’ll be able to get out before then but if I do I’ll drop you a PM . Again, pretty much anywhere you can get to the water from Bloomfield to Duncannon is fishable.
Buffalo

Back