Puerto Rico

Bosshog

Bosshog

Has anyone fished in PR? Heading there in a few days for work, but I'll have some spare time to either cruise the beaches or fish from docks. Looking for some insight on where to go, everything i search just comes up with guide services.

No advice on where to go other than start walking the beach looking for structure. I've never fished Puerto Rico, but based on my experiences fishing the salt else where, take an 8wt and and small box of clousers, decievers, and maybe a few shrimp, crab, or popper patterns and you should be able to catch fish. They probably won't be highly sought after species of game fish but will definitely still put a bend in the rod. Saltwater fish have a reputation of being better fighters than freshwater fish so even a foot long snapper will still put up a decent fight. I usually keep my leaders simple with a heavy butt section tapered to 12 or 15 pound fluorocarbon tippet. Just remember to wash off your gear in freshwater at the end of your outing and make sure you have a good pair of pliers. Goodluck

Not familiar with Puerto Rico but my guess is the fish are similar to the ones in Florida. Clousers in pink orange and tan. Id try everywhere. Nothing on the beach try docks. Plus docks are a mixed bag unlike beach where you would probably get bones permit and cudas. Dock you could probably get snappers and grouper plus eveything in between.

Back