Proof that luck is involved in fishing....

• Thread starter sight_nymph_17109
  • Start date
sight_nymph_17109

sight_nymph_17109

I just got a call from my buddy. On his way to a jobsite in MD, he stopped at a fishing / tackle store to kill some time. He called me to ask what prices that rods sell for and I passed along the info. 30 minutes later, he texted me the following:

Just got a new St Croix Avid fly rod 9', 6wt
AND
new St Croix Legend Ultra fly rod 9', 5wt

Both for $285! Did I do good??

Just as in fishing.... dumb luck and got 2 rods at more than 50% off because the guy wants to close out his fly fishing department.

If anyone wants 2-3 weights or 7-8 weights in TFO's, he's got them for $100! A few Reddingtons, a bunch of z-axis / ZXL / VT2 but I think he's a little high on the Sage rods. Also has 2 more Avids for $120 and one Legend Ultra $170. SA fly lines in DT - $30

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll try to get the name / phone number of the shop.

Can I get it shipped to your house so my wife don't find out?

LL,

Yes. You can have it shipped to me and I'll get it to you BUT... only if one of the following happen.....

#1. You get your Tully wings (suckers count as 2 trout!)
or
#2. You check to make sure the LL isn't muddy before I drive 2 hrs next time. LMAO

LMAO I thought you said it was a nice relaxing drive through Maiden Creek?

Well, my buddy got his rods at 11 this morning. He stood in the store going through 8 racks of rods. He listed the models and weights but I didn't write them down. The place is Anglers in Annapolis MD 410-757-3442.

Just gave them a ring and he said that all TFO and St Croix rods in less than 9 weight are gone! He had over 15 of them this morning. He said that guys were buying 2-4 rods at a time and cleaned him out. Give them a call you may get a different story. I find it hard to believe he sold 15-20 rods in the last 6 hrs.... even if they were 60% off.

If you are looking for a bass, steelie or light saltwater fly rod.... there ya go.

He's still got Cortland, Reddington and Sage. See what he'll offer ya. I tried.

PS. The drive through Maiden Crk at rush hour blew!

Back