Project Healing Waters Altoona

Railking

Railking

Project Healing Waters in Altoona/Hollidaysburg is looking for some help. Most of the veterans in the program are completely green in the sport of fly fishing. I am going to reach out to local TU chapters for help but I figured, with the experience on these forums, this is a good place to start. We are looking for someone to teach a basics class once or twice a month for an hour or two. I'd love to see it cover everything from basic rod setup to fly selection to reading water. Many of the vets were spin fishermen prior to the program, so there is knowledge of trout fishing in general. It would be an open forum/town hall type class where anyone can participate. We already have fly tying classes and I think this would be a great addition. So if anybody is interested or has any ideas that they think could better the program, shoot me a PM for details.

Also, in the coming week or so, our program will have a Facebook page. We will be posting pictures from events, news and info for our volunteers, and stuff about the Project Healing Waters program as a whole. With the moderators OK, I'll put a link to the page in here once we get it up and running.

Tight lines!

Rail King Its awesome of you to do this... I started the PHWFFErie Chapter last year and it has been one of the best things that has happened to me.... Good luck pal and keep at it...

I don't know if you are new to this but if you ever have any questions let me know .. Send me a PM And I'll get you my contact info

Several years ago we tried to arrange for some Vets to come to our Jamboree in May, but we had a tough time coordinating it and it never happened. If you can help make it happen this year, send me a PM and I'll get the volunteers that were interested involved again.

Thanks Skip. The program was already established in Altoona and I've now taken the helm as Program Leader. I was on your chapters page lastnight looking around and that is what I'm striving for. You seem to have a very active group and a lot of community support. I will definitely keep you in mind for help or ideas as I get deeper into the program.

Let me know some times and such rail. Ill do my best to help you guys out.

Time and dates are completely negotiable. The only thing is the classes need to be set up 1 month in advance for scheduling purposes.

We got our Facebook page up and running.
www.facebook.com/ProjectHealingWatersFlyFishingAltoonaChapter
If you have Facebook, stop in and give us a "like".
Thanks guys

Good job rail. I will be liking this soon and sharing the links. Good luck and as before let me know when you need ANYTHING.

Back