Project Healing Waters: 2015 Results

T

tctrout

The donations have been collected, and the 2015 Project Healing Waters collection has been a success! Thank you to everyone who donated, as PAFlyFish members were well represented. I wanted to take time to thank everyone who sent a donation, and did so in the following video.

All items will be given to Skip Hughes of Erie, PA, and then passed onto veterans involved with Project Healing Waters.

Thanks again for making this a success!

Tim

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlwZLaQnU3M[/youtube]

A few years back, we tried to organize an outing coordinated with the annual Spring Jamboree to have some of the vets join us so that experienced fly anglers could assist the veterans with fishing in or around the Central PA area. It never happened despite the efforts of several people PAFF members willing to make it work.

The guy I talked to (and others did as well) was very nice and interested, but for whatever reason, he didn't think there would be a feasible way to work it out.

We are around 3-4 weeks away from the Jamboree, but if that is enough time, I would urge you to see if any of the vets want to join us, and I will personal guaranty that we can enlist sufficient participants to help them enjoy a day or half day on the water, with our gratitude and compassion.

Send me a personal message if you think we can revive this effort.

Skip is doing a stand up job for the Erie Chapter.
And I know he appreciates all the help they can get for our vets.
Thank You Gents for helping out.

Tim,
I can't express my gratitude enough to you and everyone who supported this tying material drive. I've been directing the PHW fly tying program at the Erie VA Medical Center the last couple of years and we have developed a very nice core group of tyers. It's been more than a chore trying to keep these guys in hooks, materials, and equipment.
My Hat is off to You and Everyone who made this happen.
Thanx, Dan Ozimek

Back