Presentation - Gary Borger

MattM

MattM

I just dropped a Franklin on this book, first edition original, missing the dust jacket, signed. Does anyone else own this book and do you enjoy it? I have heard this book is considered by many as "the Bible" of trout fishing literature. I of course will read it, but was just wondering what others think.

Hi Matt,

I too have an original first edition, with intact dust jacket, signed with a lengthy note from Gary to me.

Best flyfishing book - ever!

I've spent quite a few days with Dr B, both helping him with classes, and actually fishing with him.

He's the real deal, for sure. There isn't anything in the book that is really outdated, or incorrect. I DO consider it the "Bible" of flyfishing.

Having watched Gary teach casting while aerializing an entire fly line - double taper 5wt on a 7 1/2 medium action rod, and having a conversation while doing so, I consider him the very best caster I've ever seen. Just amazing. Makes Lefty Kreh look bad.

Let me also say that fishing with Gary can also be a very humbling experience. It seems like he can catch fish at will, and I've watched him have a 100+ fish day on the Little Lehigh. I double dog dare anyone else to do that!

Enjoy the book. It's sure to increase in value - I've heard of first editions selling for several hundred dollars. Worth every cent, IMO.

H.A.

I also have and have read the book. It is one you can read and re-read and continue to find information that will help you on the water. Dr. Borger is way beyond anything I'll ever be on a trout stream. You will profit from this book, no matter how much you paid for it.

Just received it in the mail last night with no time to read it due to youth sports. I will sit down tonight with a glass of bourbon and enjoy some quiet time before I doze off.....

Back