Potter County trip

mjkraw

mjkraw

Myself and a buddy are heading out to Potter county for a long weekend in the beginning of May. We are staying in Cross Fork, and have a pretty good plan as far as the water we'd like to fish. We plan on hitting Cross Fork, and maybe Kettle 1 day. As for the next, I was hoping for any info that anyone is willing offer on Hammersley Fork and Germania Branch. Any other recommendations are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

I really enjoy that area, you should have a great time. There is enough water on kettle to spend two days or I would head north to slate run or pine.

Hammersley is on my must fish bucket list, I've fished Germania many times, I keep going back. What's that song? "Simply Irresistible."

Hammersley is a wonderful, wonderful place that is very special to me. It is the last place I fished with my brother before he died. Find the stream, and you'll find fish. Don't rush it, and don't do it in one day. If you can, take some camping gear, hike back, camp, and fish it. You wont get much more remote in PA.

Squatch. I feel the same way about kettle creek. It was the last place I fished with may dad before he died. We fished that area every year together for over 20 years.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Last year we did a similar trip and stayed in Waterville. Fished Pine, Slate and Cedar. Decided to check out Potter county this year. Squatch...we won't be camping, but we are definitely dedicating an entire day to Hammersley. Really looking forward to crossing some of these creeks off my list.

might be tuff to find solitude in the beginning of may here. going to be a late start to the season also, cold and snow

We had a white ground on top of Denton hill Thursday PM into Friday AM. Crazy.

Hammersley holds memories for me as well, great spot. One note, don't try driving across the creek at the lower access. Its not good for the stream and the road beyond is virtually impossible to drive on. I'm heading up to that area this week, I'll try and post a report when I get back.

Even though it is done by some nefarious individuals, it is illegal to drive up the other side anyways. It is private property and then the wild area.

A point often forgotten, I think, Sal. Fording the stream is NOT recommended.

My wife and I are heading up next Tuesday for 6 days. Hope the insect activity will be good by then.

I hunted and fished the Hammersley since the early 70's. In the 70's we did drive through the creek, no one seemed to care.

The Hammersley really took a beating for several years caused by drought, but it seems to be rebounding.

blue quills, quill gordons, and hendricksons on pine now. also caddis.

Back