Post Erie Brown Steelhead,and Salmon

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

Any one interested in extending the Erie Jam into New York? My friend Jim and I will be headed to the Ontario tribs and would be glad to show fellow PaFlyfishers that area.
Captains Cove in Waterport still had some rooms today when I made reservations.
PM me if you have questions.
GG

I will be in Oswego on the Monday (10th) and Tuesday morning.

i have passes for the DSR Saturday and Sunday, and was thinking of hitting one of the FFO areas and or little Sandy, depending on conditions.

the DSR is now C&R only now btw, so hopefully the numbers may be down a bit there as there has been a little backlash from the stringer crowd.

its my first trip up there so i'm dead excited.

Mark.

Art- we did ok in NY.

Well, alby did real well.

Attachments

• madsalmo.JPG
    madsalmo.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 2
  • salmo.JPG
    salmo.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
Gulf Greyhound knows the western NY Ontario tribs. He and his buddy Jim taught me everything I know about them.

We had a ball this past weekend. Between five of us we caught chinook, coho, browns, and steelhead.

DSCF4321.JPG

DSCF4338.JPG

DSCF4353.JPG

DSCF4356.JPG

Dang Charlie's growing up. I remember his first trip to Erie. Nice to see you guys had a successful trip.

Wow,now that looks close to the mythical 30 inch brown.
No spot burn,but I know that water,LOL.
No teaching, just pointing in the right direction.
Makes me feel good about your success. Kinda a slam? for Ontario Tribs. Very nice fish. ADDICTIVE!!
GG

Art I'm still trying to see if I can swing 2 or 3 extra days, not sure yet. Hope to know soon, will have to talk to my sort of wife

GulfGreyhound wrote
Wow,now that looks close to the mythical 30 inch brown.

I didn't tape him Art, but we did weigh him in at 15 pounds. Far surpassing my personal best. He was certainly in the neighborhood of 30 inches.

gulfgreyhound wrote:
No teaching, just pointing in the right direction.
GG

I'd say a great teacher has a great student!

Nice job up there, everyone!

I should give Charlie his due. He caught more than his share on this trip...

DSCF4335.JPG

Back