Polar Fiber Streamer

JerryCoviello

JerryCoviello

Polar Fiber Streamer

I remember when Polar Fiber Material came out, very fine like the Beard on a department store Santa. Back then the material was called Polar Fibre - Unfair Advantage.

Back then the streamer head was coated with Softex but over the years the head would yellow.

I have substituted the Softex with Solarez UV Flex. The drying time is eliminated.

Materials:
Hook: Circle Hook
Thread: Size G Mono
Body: White, Red and Chartreuse Polar Fiber
Flash: Pearl Krystal Flash
Head: Solarez UV Flex Resin
Eye: Living Eyes

Attachments

• Polar Fiber Streamer Final Signature Resize.jpg
    Polar Fiber Streamer Final Signature Resize.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 9
Nice, Jerry. I still have some Polar Fiber laying around. These days I use Senyo's Laser Dub for my small bait fish patterns. How are the hook ups on the circle hook? Years ago tried tying some dries on size 12 and 14 ones I'd picked up. Kept trying to set the hook when I had a take and missing the fish. Went back to standard hooks after a bit.

JerryC wrote:
Nice, Jerry. I still have some Polar Fiber laying around. These days I use Senyo's Laser Dub for my small bait fish patterns. How are the hook ups on the circle hook? Years ago tried tying some dries on size 12 and 14 ones I'd picked up. Kept trying to set the hook when I had a take and missing the fish. Went back to standard hooks after a bit.

The hook is a 2/0 that I have had for years. They do hook up well with a strip hook set.

If I was tying this for bass I would just use a stinger hook
I have not tried it for trout, mostly for saltwater fish.

Jerry

Back