Pohopoco / Sawmill Run

TBury

TBury

I usually fish the Lehigh and Pocono freestone streams, but drive by Beltzville every week on the way up.
If I park at the Sawmill Run Trailhead, can I walk down to the confluence of Sawmill Run and Pohopoco Creek, or is that posted?

That stretch of the Po is part of the dam property, so it's public. About 50 yards downstream of the confluence, there is a property bordering river right and they have a dock at the edge of the creek with a posted sign on it. But I don't know if the stream itself is off-limits or just their dock and land. Upstream from that property is public land. That that stretch gets LOTS of attention. You can also access the stream just downstream of there at the overhead power line right-of-way. I think there's still a sign there that says walk-in only. I sometimes park at the church across the street. There is a large pool there that backs up from a rockpile/dam somebody put there. It's kinda tough fishing if you ask me. It's the lower end of the pool that has the posted dock at the upper end.

I remember fishing that stretch as a kid. I remember being shocked at the sunnies lined up in Sawmill Run. I finally realized the reason was the receiving stream was much colder than the brookie trib.

Back