Pocono region brookie ponds?

Bonzoso

Bonzoso

Not looking for secret spots or anything but just wondering if my time would be wasted targeting small hike in ponds on public land that have wild brookies in the Pocono region. I've done some exploring of some of the small creeks so far but haven't come across any fishy ponds yet. Thanks for any advice.

I had an insurance claim a few years ago that brought me to some private property with three ponds. The one pond had a very small spring creek running into it. After my claim I was discussing the ponds and stream with the home owner. She told me the pond with the stream was filled with native brookies. I was also welcome to come back and fish it.

Who wants to guess how many times I have gone back?

They are out there.

You, fish it?...zero. It's a lock.

Go back to stock it with Browns on the other hand...I'd say a good honest over/under would be 3 and a half. :)

Swattie87 wrote:
You, fish it?...zero. It's a lock.

Go back to stock it with Browns on the other hand...I'd say a good honest over/under would be 3 and a half. :)

Bingo. You win a piece of candy that I keep in my van.

The brownie thing is a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Just because you didn't catch them doesn't mean they aren't there.
As to the OP, yes there are ponds in the poconos that have brookies in them. Look for ponds in headwaters of creeks, or impoundments on brookies streams.
Always ask permission if they end up on private land.

Chaz wrote:
As to the OP, yes there are ponds in the poconos that have brookies

Wtf are you talking about? Where in this thread does it say anything about catching fish or not?

here are a few !

Attachments

• trout lakes.JPG
    trout lakes.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 3
SBecker wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? Where in this thread does it say anything about catching fish or not?
Becker, when you ask guess how many times I gone back, it's assumed you didn't catch any. You don't fish for sinks anyway. :lol: :lol:

Chaz wrote:
As to the OP, yes there are ponds in the poconos that have brookies in them. Look for ponds in headwaters of creeks, or impoundments on brookies streams.
Always ask permission if they end up on private land.

Not even trying to infer that my expertise is such that I can assume, since I didn't catch any, they aren't there. Just amiably inquiring to those that have fished this area whether they find them on public lands that I can fish. My experience so far is nil. I have hiked up many small creeks with wild trout looking for open water ponds, particularly in game lands. Although I have had success on the creeks, I have yet to see a trout in the ponds I have come across. Was wondering if acid buildup or warm water was hindering habitation in those that i found. I'll keep looking and thanks for the responses.

Chaz wrote:
SBecker wrote:
Chaz wrote:

Becker, when you ask guess how many times I gone back, it's assumed you didn't catch any. You don't fish for sinks anyway. :lol: :lol:

I would never stoop to such low standards and fish for Brook trout.

SBecker wrote:

I would never stoop to such low standards and fish for Brook trout.

I've heard otherwise, by I don't want to ruin your reputation. :)

Geez, one time but I swear I did not inhale.

Back