Please Support Cumberland Valley TU

F

Fishidiot

It's that time of year when many Trout Unlimited chapters need to raise funds and solicit donations for chapter banquets. For many chapters, the annual banquet is their largest fundraising event of the year and is critical for sustaining stream improvement projects and similar things later in the year. Cumberland Valley Trout Unlimited could use your support. Of course, CVTU works diligently to protect and improve some of America's finest and most legendary trout streams. Just in the last couple years CVTU volunteers have gone to great lengths to aquire grant funding to purchase threated sections of Letort and implement a complex restoration of Big Spring. This is in addition to their annual Rivers Conservation Youth Camp, stream clean up projects, and a host of other outstanding endeavors. Even if you don't fish these streams, please consider supporting CVTU with a donation for their banquet, which is on March 19th this year. If you're interested in donating, please send me a PM. Posted below is CVTU's website if you're interested in learning more about this fine organization.
Thanks,
Dave W

http://cvtu.homestead.com/

I visited the Letort for the 1st time in over 5 years on Friday 2/18 and fished the lower sections below town. I was really put off by the amount of trash I saw in those sections of the stream. I know it has been a long cold winter, but does your chapter ever do any stream cleanup in the sections outside of the Hertiage area? It really needs it. If I were closer I would offer a hand, but I am 2+ hours away. I had to leave the section below the army barracks because it just really bothered me that much. I know I could have taken some of the trash out with me, but that would have not even made a dent.

Dave,

I will gladly donate one of the solid cherry tying stations that I made. Will you be at the beginners jam this Saturday the 26th?
If not we can make other arrangements.

CLSports,
Thanks for the heads-up Rob. I usually hang out in the Heritage section and haven't stomped around the lower Letort this winter. Sounds like a good place for a clean up.

Jdaddy,
Please check your PM.

Thanks guys, it's appreciated.

Thought I'd bump this. The CVTU banquet - the "Limestoner" - will be on March 17th this year. As always, we're soliciting donations for raffle, silent and live auctions. This banquet is the chapter's main fundraising event and is critical in helping sustain CVTU's many projects. It doesn't have to be a fly fishing related donation. If you have donated to CVTU in the past, please accept my heartfelt "thanks." It made a difference. In 2011, CVTU's efforts resulted in the chapter earning the national Gold Trout Award.

http://www.paflyfish.com/smartsection.item.243/cumberland-valley-trout-unlimited-wins-the-2011-gold-trout-award.html

If you'd like to donate to the Limestoner, or otherwise have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

Thanks,
Dave W

Thanks Jdaddy.

Final bump: let me know if you can donate or if you wish to attend the banquet. There's just a few days left as the banquet committee needs to report the list of attendees. Tues, March 13th is the deadline for the chapter to receive banquet reservations.
For more information or reservation forms, please hit the CVTU website:

http://cvtu.homestead.com/

Unfortunately I am going to miss the banquet.

I'm curious and excited to hear how much my donation went for, hopefully it helps the chapter.

When I was on the Lower Letort this Sunday with wg, he commented on the trash also. I would love to help with a clean-up down there.

I agree, the trash in lower Letort is a disgrace.
Unfortunately, every time we get heavy rains (like in Sept) all the litter in Carlisle blows out and into the creek and we find it piled up at every logjam below Post Rd. I'll keep you informed of any clean up plans.

Maybe we can organize a PAFF Letort clean-up. Stay tuned.

I just signed up for TU from their main site over the weekend, though I'm not sure if my info was forwarded along to the CV chapter. I might be up for a cleanup but wouldn't know how to go about getting involved. Any info would be great, thanks!

Back