Pine Creek

ryansheehan

ryansheehan

I am going up to Corning New York for Thanksgiving. I was thinking about going to fish Pine Creek but have never been there before, does anyone have any thoughts on flows and where to fish this time of year. I did a little research on the Orvis website and got some information I am just not sure how up to date it is. I was thinking about heading down to spring instead where I have fished quite a few times. Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated.

Whenever I hit Pine Creek I always stop at McConnell's Country Store and fly shop in Waterville. You can get a lot of info from Glenn McConnell or any of the locals. I get good information there.

since you will be in corning just stop here I am on pine creek.
www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com
call first since I'll be out fishing to now and then. McConnell's will be 2 hours from corning. bring a small stream brookie rod along with a 9' 5 or 6wt. for pine. Pine is fishing well with streamers.

Thanks Sandfly, I will give you a call on Friday or Saturday to make sure you are there.

I went and fished spring today and had a blast, lots and lots of fish to the net. Here are a couple pics of the best ones. Sandfly I will be heading down to check out pine with kids tomorrow.

DSCN0667_zpsr6oevtds.jpg

DSCN0669_zpsaldbxedr.jpg

Nice going Ryan.
Spring Creek is pretty hard to beat - any time of year.
Just curious - did you see any surface activity?

Yes, thwre was some bwo, I caight 5 or 6 on top but the rest were underneath.

ryansheehan wrote:
Yes, thwre was some bwo, I caight 5 or 6 on top but the rest were underneath.

Thanks for sharing that info.
With all of the nice weather we've been having, I've been thinking about possibly getting out again this year. And might just have to take a ride up there

Nice fish and good luck in New York! A lot of people going up there lately.

Nice fish! Definitely check with Glenn orvTom at Slate Run. They are head and shoulders above any other shops regarding Pine Creek.

Back