Pine creek

sandfly

sandfly

Went down to the DLHALO to test a new head for the switch rod 10'8" 6wt. saw these 2 guys floating and wading and took a few pics. They were doing good on stonefly nymphs under a indicater. threw over 100' with the new setup i made.

Attachments

• Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00010.jpg
    Image00010.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 9
Looks like a lot of water.

Did it give your arms a good work out getting that much line out?

Dean, standard operating procedures..I just like to cast long lines...guess its from growing up on the Delaware and beach.

Thats my kind of fishing I love big water looks like alot of fun.

Looks like he's got everything including the kitchen sink on that boat.

Sunday through Thursday Pine ws unfishable and at 1380 is fishable only by those willing to risk their lives. Most of the streams in the area were very unproductive.

Which Pine is this? Is it Big Pine near Waterville?

yeah but north of waterville at the top of the canyon..

That's the kind of water us old guys look at wistfully!
Coughlin

I've really got to get up there and fish that, it looks great and have heard many good things about it. Been talking to a friend about going this season. And we want to meet Sandfly and see his shop.

Fished Pine Thursday. Caught a few on top with Hedrickson Dry and a few indicator nymphing with rubber legs. Friday was no good , came home Saturday. The good thing is the high water is good for the trout and the weeks ahead. Didn't make it to the shop Sandfly , Ill be up again in a week or two.

Haywood wrote:
Fished Pine Thursday. Caught a few on top with Hedrickson Dry and a few indicator nymphing with rubber legs. Friday was no good , came home Saturday. The good thing is the high water is good for the trout and the weeks ahead. Didn't make it to the shop Sandfly , Ill be up again in a week or two.

Where did you fish on Pine?

Back