Pine Creek Bound

echuck66

echuck66

All packed for my trip to Cedar Run tomorrow. I'll be up there all week, heading home on Saturday. Can't wait!

My buddy and I are heading to that area on Monday for a week of fishing. Been doing that for 40 years now and still get excited. My buddy's uncle has a camp in the Kettle Creek area and we typically fish Cross Fork, Young Womans, Kettle, Pine Slate and Cedar.

I am a bit concerned this year that the colder temps and higher water will delay the hatches but I guess time will tell.

This is my first trip to the area. I'm originally from Virginia, near the TN and NC lines. I've been eyeballing this area for some good fishing for a while, but this is the first year I've actually gotten to go, for various reasons.

yep Monday will be on a trib some where. sorry shop will be closed !

I agree. Be careful. Water is up still.

I tried fishing loyalsock and pine yesterday and it's just moving too swift for my taste

Had a great morning on a small stream.

Good luck

LBCaddis wrote:
My buddy and I are heading to that area on Monday for a week of fishing. Been doing that for 40 years now and still get excited. My buddy's uncle has a camp in the Kettle Creek area and we typically fish Cross Fork, Young Womans, Kettle, Pine Slate and Cedar.

I am a bit concerned this year that the colder temps and high water will delay the hatches but I guess time will tell.

I'm leaving Tuesday morning for a week, and I'll be fishing Young Womans, Kettle, and Cross Fork. My cabin is along Kettle Creek.

Had a banner opening weekend on Kettle. Talked to Phil at Kettle Creek Tackle yesterday and he said the Blue Quills and Gordans are getting started.

If ya get a chance, stop by his shop and check out his new 10' 5 weight rods. You'll surely want to order one. They are phenominal.

Make sure you stop at Slate Run Tackle Shop ! They have an awesome selection of gear and one hell of a deli. I myself will be going up there this week to stock up on some last minute gear for my trip to Pulaski this coming weekend for steelhead

Festus wrote:
Had a banner opening weekend on Kettle. Talked to Phil at Kettle Creek Tackle yesterday and he said the Blue Quills and Gordans are getting started.

If ya get a chance, stop by his shop and check out his new 10' 5 weight rods. You'll surely want to order one. They are phenominal.

Love some of his glass rods. If only I had money.....

These new blanks that Phil located are like nothing I've ever casted. They are light, extremely powerful, and very smooth. I was at his shop for a few hours on Sunday, and five fisherman came in and tried his demo rod out, and five left with an order put in.

It's already too warm down in the canyon, wouldn't even bother.

huh !
to warm ???

No, he said too warm.

Someone must be lost in a time warp.

Two warm, one more warm than one warm.

Back