Pike flies

sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223

looking for a few good pike flies for this season, and would like to know your favorites...

Any fairly large streamers should do the trick. I like white with lots of flash for pike. You'll need some sort of tooth guard - I like short wire but other folks prefer heavy mono or flouro. Tying big streamers is great fun. Here some examples of muskie flies I like and something similar, maybe a bit smaller, would work fine for pike:

Attachments

• J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Wire Leader.jpg
    Wire Leader.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 5
BIG whistlers and decievers in white/red, black/red, and chart/white are always my starting point.

Those look like great flies. What size pike/musky are you guys catching on the susq. and other surrounding streams?

these are on 5/0 hooks about 10inches
93d94c59.jpg

8e18942a.jpg

Nice flies ramcatt!

I like them..

My next game is big flies on top for Musky..i feel like i am missing out on some crazy strikes worth the casting pains and time it might take.

ramcatt those flies look deadly! i especially like the bottom one in the first pic

Found my pics from a year or two ago...

Attachments

• P1100185.JPG
    P1100185.JPG
    518 KB · Views: 3
  • P1100184.JPG
    P1100184.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 3
  • P1100187.JPG
    P1100187.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 4
Here are a few of my more recent ties for the toothy fishes.

Attachments

• Pike-Muskie1.jpg
    Pike-Muskie1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Pike-Muskie2.jpg
    Pike-Muskie2.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 5
Nice job SOS! Is that sea hair?

David not sure which fly you're referring to and I'm not familiar with sea hair. EP's sea fiber perhaps?

First fly is all standard size flashabou with baitfish emulator for the body.

Second is a mix of flashabou with slinky fiber and baitfish emulator.

Third is...you guessed it, flashabou with a little slinky fiber and angel hair for the rest.

The last fly is magnum flashabou with deer hair to make it flair for body with baitfish emulator as well. They shed water great and have nice movement.

I'll see if I can post a few I tied with some long saddle hackle that look really good as well.

Back