Pickering

M

mikemus725

Can someone explain to me the delayed harvest artificial lures only sections. I know the pickering will be stocked soon. It is my understanding that no fish can be taken during the fall in that creek. Am I correct?

DHALO sections of ANY stream are strictly catch and release and are open all year round. The only exception is between June 15 and Labor Day.

DHALO Regulations

That's correct, now that we are past Labor Day the limit is zero until next June 15th.

DELAYED HARVEST ARTIFICIAL LURES ONLY
Open to fishing year-round (no closed season).
Fishing hours – One hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
Minimum size – 9 inches, caught on, or in possession on, the waters under these regulations from one hour before sunrise on June 15 to one hour after sunset on Labor Day.
The daily creel limit is three combined species from one hour before sunrise on June 15 to one hour after sunset on Labor Day, caught on or in possession on the waters under these regulations.
From the day after Labor Day until one hour before sunrise on June 15, the daily creel limit is zero.

Fishing may be done with artificial lures only constructed of metal, plastic, rubber, or wood, or with flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials. All such lures may be used with spinning or fly fishing gear.
The use or possession of any natural bait, baitfish, fishbait, bait paste and similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded) or any other edible, substance is prohibited.
Taking baitfish or fishbait is prohibited.
A current trout/salmon permit is required.

thanks for confirming. Does anyone know where the access point is to the DHALO section of the pickering is?

This is slightly off topic but I have a question on the DHALO sections of some streams.

I just got back from a walk on that section of the Brandywine and there are few if any trout there. If the stream cannot hold them through the summer I'm not sure of the point of delayed harvest - or stocking them there in the first place.

nimrod wrote:
This is slightly off topic but I have a question on the DHALO sections of some streams.

I just got back from a walk on that section of the Brandywine and there are few if any trout there. If the stream cannot hold them through the summer I'm not sure of the point of delayed harvest - or stocking them there in the first place.

This is exactly the point of Delayed Harvest....The fish are managed to be harvested after June 15. Then in the Fall it is stocked again

mikemus yes i do, maybe we can make it a date, i havent fished pickering forever and should get to it

Back