Pickering creek DHALO

D

Dabandfly96

Hey Everyone!

I have been told to check out Pickering creeks dhalo section and have a few questions. Where is the actual location for the dhalo section - or is it all designated? Also, where is there parking as close to this section? I don’t want to accidentally end up in someone’s backyard!

Yo Dab - the special regs section is in Charlestown between Charlestown Rd and Rte 29. Pickering Dam Road parallels the stream and has a couple of parking spots. You could also park at either end. The landowners are pretty relaxed about anglers. The walking trail on the other side of the creek is popular.

The walking trail is popular all right - with dogs! I've been run down by too many people walking their dogs loose off the leash there.

I would advise parking right on the charlestown bridge, that homeowner on corner isn't too fond of folks creeping down their property line. just an FYI

Hey Everyone!

I have been told to check out Pickering creeks dhalo section and have a few questions. Where is the actual location for the dhalo section - or is it all designated? Also, where is there parking as close to this section? I don’t want to accidentally end up in someone’s backyard!

Dab:

I cant help you with parking information but the coordinates with links to Google Maps for the Delayed Harvest Section of Pickering Creek are on the stocking schedule for Chester County and verbal descriptions are in the Summary Booklet.

how about you drive over and check it out

in all seriousness maybe im the old guy here (47) but part of the fun is researching, looking at a map, now you have a smartphone at your fingertips and can look at an aerial, pa fish commission website...etc! Sometimes you strikeout!!! sometimes you discover something you werent looking for!.....If you need help using research tools i understand and i'll help but if you're just asking without doing any homework....well...sorry.

Also this is not some place off the beaten path with no access and hard to find...

in all seriousness maybe im the old guy here (47) but part of the fun is researching, looking at a map, now you have a smartphone at your fingertips and can look at an aerial, pa fish commission website...etc! Sometimes you strikeout!!! sometimes you discover something you werent looking for!.....If you need help using research tools i understand and i'll help but if you're just asking without doing any homework....well...sorry.

Also this is not some place off the beaten path with no access and hard to find...
Plus somebody may correct me if things have changed, but when the DH Area was set up there was a pretty well used pull-off next to Rt 29 and a pretty limited parking along Creek Rd. It’s a stocked trout section so finding the limits is easy…just check the stocking schedule on the PFBC web site.

Plus somebody may correct me if things have changed, but when the DH Area was set up there was a pretty well used pull-off next to Rt 29 and a pretty limited parking along Creek Rd. It’s a stocked trout section so finding the limits is easy…just check the stocking schedule on the PFBC web site.
You are correct, Mike. Most people park along the road that parallels much of that stretch, but there is parking near the lower end of the special regs section. To the OP, it is not a hard place to find, right on a state route 29. After the stocking at the end of this month, you can't miss the crowds.

Hope this helps. X are parking pull off spots.

Don't get too excited! There are many better locations to hit in SE PA over Pickering....

Meet the stocking truck on 2/20 at Ridge Fire House Rt 23 at 12.00. You will find out all you need to know.
Put an effort in and trade it for some knowledge.

Back