Pickering Creek, Chester County

FlyForFun

FlyForFun

Was feeling pent up from work before the holidays and hunting season out till after christmas so decided to show my FIL some fly fishing. Was out Wednesday the 23rd in the rain, water tempature wasn't that cold (didn't have a thermometer). Saw several fish actively feeding and was only out for an hour and a half. Went through several flies before i found what these holdovers liked and got my first strike. The were slamming a size 18 black pheasant tail. Even in the rain it was a still a great day to be out.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1451316598134_resized.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451316598134_resized.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 18
few more pictures

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1451316636146_resized.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451316636146_resized.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 11
one of the rainbows

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1451316644870_resized.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451316644870_resized.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi FFF! I was looking to hit some water on Sunday. Im close by, maybe Ill head over there and see if theres anything happening. By the way I saw your post on the Spring Jam thread. You might consider coming to our Tying jam in February with your dad! Its fun time for all. Check out the thread for more information.

mooney4 wrote:
Hi FFF! I was looking to hit some water on Sunday. Im close by, maybe Ill head over there and see if theres anything happening. By the way I saw your post on the Spring Jam thread. You might consider coming to our Tying jam in February with your dad! Its fun time for all. Check out the thread for more information.

^^^ What he said.

GenCon

I can look into the tying Jam but february is tough for me. Audit season consumes my life till April 1st.

Mooney- Was out of town this weekend but this coming sunday i might make it out to pickering or valley if your around.

Hi FFF! thanks, let me check my schedule and maybe we can meet up. I did go out on Sunday. I have a brand new set up that I wanted to break in and catch something. I managed to get a beautiful and very healthy rainbow that was around 13". I fished the special reg section. I had never fished that section before and it was very nice. There were a few others out too, since the weather was very nice.

Was out today for a 2+hours in the special regs area.Bit slow Caught 2 on #16 black stone fly nymphs; tied very sparcely worked best.

Back