PFBC Strategic Plan for Trout Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission recently released the 2010-2014 Strategic Plan for Trout Management. The plan covers 64 pages Pennsylvania's vision, issues and strategic direction for the management of Pennsylvania's trout populations across the state.

Topics include:
• Defining trout waters
• Review of past management strategies
• Management of wild trout waters
• Goals for trout management

I wouldn’t call this a good read by any stretch of the imagination, but any angler would appreciate the detail and process the PFBC takes to manage the trout waters across Pennsylvania. I enjoyed many details about the scope and scale of the cold-water resources found in all parts of the state.

A pdf copy of the report can be downloaded here.

Acristickid
Good luck.
They just started doing that on the Lil J too.

I have fished the J 5 days this year so far and have not caught a fin clipped trout yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveKile
acristickid I would then like to formally request that you spend more time fishing.

Last edited:
Acristickid
Dave- will do.

Heading to Kettle as soon as rush hour calms down.

Last edited by a moderator:
L
Dkile,
Mucho Thanks for giving this some front window space! I appreciate you taking your time to help our cause.

All,
There are many who regard the Lehigh as a nothing but a put and take fishery and do not realize what a transformation it has taken. This river needs our help, it may not be perfect but it has amazing potential and we have had many heavenly days on it catching some awesome fish, witnessing some crazy hatches, and getting spoiled in general. Props go out to Jake Markezin and Dean Druckenmiller as well, these guys put a lot of their personal time into the LCFA to make the Lehigh a better fishery and resource for everyone. In addition, I'd like to say that if you have a good time fishing on the Lehigh don't just stop at a survey card - write a short message to the PFBC and let them know that you enjoyed the Lehigh and the quality and experience that is unique to this river. The PFBC has been listening and trying to figure out how to maximize the potential of this river. It's a big river, it's not an easy task, it won't happen overnight but it's well worth the effort.

Acristickid,
Check our reports from last year and you will see that our catch of clipped fish was very good and growth rates of clipped fish were on the brink of unbelievable. I'm sure the fish have spread out over the winter and spring so we prolly won't find them in the big pods that we did last year but we were impressed. I hope you have similar experiences on the Little J.

Whew!, that was a long comment!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back