PFBC Annual Report

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
http://www.fish.state.pa.us/promo/annualreport/senate_reports/senate_rpt_2014.pdf

Not even a mention of what they are doing for wild trout. Or other fisheries for that matter, except SMB.

>>Not even a mention of what they are doing for wild trout>>

Well, he's talking to the Legislature, not the annual meeting of the AFS. So, he has to talk about things they actually have some potential to help the Commission with. To me, this means $ issues and the fact that the situation on the Susquehanna is critical and they need help from DEP.

Additionally, I'm not so sure there isn't something very important to wild trout issues in John's report. He's telling them that a fiscal train wreck involving the hatchery system is imminent and that even if the stamp/permit fee were doubled, it won't help that much.

This could, in a roundabout way, be very good for wild trout in PA, although it might take a while.

That's just my view. I like to think in terms of the glass being half full.

What I find interesting is since the C&R regs went into affect on the Susky, adult catch rates during electrofishing have gone up. Go figure?

I have found SMB fishing to be excellent this year. I had something hooked in the 20 lb range this year too(think a flat head). Trout what?

Chaz,
Act 13 includes some unassessed wild trout stream work.

Back