peters creek

V

VINNYT

dose anyone fish at peters creek if so what is your set up i always fish with bait there and catch some huge rainbows ( 20 inches and over ) but i was wondering what size tipit you use and flies and all that kind of stuff.

thanks

What Peters creek? There are probably a dozen in pa...I found 5 on just a quick search.

lol rilly well its the one by the sentry 3 mall its rilly hard to explane but it has a lot of stoker rainbows and is by a plant or somyhin like that sorry ill try to find more details

well not by it but near sentry 3 mall and you pass up tackle unlimited and thers 3 ponds near the creek

thanks

It is the creek that runs under Rte 51 just at the bottom of Large Hill. I have heard that a local club stocks it heavily in the Spring for opening day with huge trout. I don't know where they stock it. My guess is that it warms quickly and gets hammered by locals from opening day for a couple weeks. I doubt there are any hatches, but a green weenie ought to work pretty well. The stocking club could probably use a donation.

Actually varry little people fish it caus of the low water but usually the only time it has a little bit of people on it is opining day of trout season and ther is a good amount of hold over trout i was there a couple months ago and caught 2 nice rainbows( 18 and 20 inches) wich both had a belly full of eggs used them the next day and cought about 30 rainbow trout all 15 to 20 inches.

thanks for the help

This is the Peters creek that flows through Clairiton right? That stream is pretty rank with pollution in Clairiton which of course doesnt mean that its bad upstream but I wouldnt think trout would do well in there. Interesting.

heres an exchange that might help.

http://tinyurl.com/yt52el

Actually i heard that it has gotten alot cleaner.

Back