Perkiomen Valley TU Picnic with George Daniel June 18th

SkyBlue

SkyBlue

Help our chapter raise money to support our projects. The Pig Roast picnic will be on the West Branch of the Perkiomen with on stream seminars with George, Casting Instructions (Old Lefty-Dave Rothrock) and Fly Tying Demonstrations (Henry Ramsey). Lee Hartman, founding member of the PVTU Chapter, will be available to discuss his trips to Mongolia, and guiding on the Upper Delaware. Bring George's and Lee's books to be signed.

Some of the raffle items; 1/2 day guided trip in SEPA (Monocacy, Saucon, Little Lehigh) 1/2 day Drift Boat Trip on the Lehigh River, Rods, Reels, Artwork, Flies and many other items. Link to purchase tickets https://tu.myeventscenter.com/event/Pvtu332-Annual-Picnic-62114 Tickets are limited.
https://tu.myeventscenter.com/event/Pvtu332-Annual-Picnic-62114

Picnic 11

This is a gung-ho chapter - they do a good deal of stream improvement work. I'll be there Saturday, rain or shine. Anyone else joining me?

Whoever didn't make it to this pig roast really missed out on a very fun and informative event. It was well organized and I sure hope they do this again. The venue couldn't be beat, provided by the gracious and generous landowners the Longacres. (I think they also own the great old-timey road cafe on Rte100 at Bally). Spending the day with Gurus George Daniels, Henry Ramsay and Dave Rothrock in a less frenetic setting than Fly Shows (which I do love) was a treat. I loved the swallows flying after Mayfly spinners (Baetis or Paraleps). Perkiomen Valley TU is a Chapter rock star for the significant stream restoration projects that they do.

Les, I am so glad you could make it. The Board would like to thank everyone who came out, and supported our chapter. It was a fun day except for the wind. Not the best for Henry and Dave, but it all worked out.

20220618 110418
20220618 113815
20220618 104451

Last edited:
Back