perkiomen ffo

mute

mute

does anyone know where this creek is, http://www.paflyfish.com/uploads/photos/300.jpg

Its the perkiomen ffo section, thats all i know.

If i could get a road name or pinpointed on local.live.com or google maps thatd be great.

Mute,

It's where the Perkiomen enters the Green Lane Reservoir. Zero in on that area on Mapquest or other map, and look for where Church Road crosses the Perkiomen. You can park there. It's not a real long stretch of stream. This is stocked by the County, not the PFBC, and I think I remember hearing that they didn't stock it this year, but I'm not sure.

Yea its right off Church Road in East Greenville, zip is 18041. You can mapquest that and get a good idea where its at. It wasnt stocked as of Opening Day(March 31) but they could of stocked it since but i doubt it. The stretch is maybe a mile long and only a few nice holes, it used to be alot nicer but alot of floods have filled in a few of the nice holes and the number of fish stocked have declined rapidly the past few years(they used to stock over 500 fish a few years back, last year they stocked 50). There is a small wild population of brownies, summer time its great for big bass that swim up from the green lane reservoir.

To get there take route 29 to Pennsburg and go south on Rt. 663 to the light at Kutztown road, it's the first light going south. Turn right and make the first right, the FFO section is about a mile down the road.

Back