Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Heritage Day on June 16th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
salvelinusfontinalis
Congrats and Thanks for all that you guys have done already and will continue to do. Soon Ill be switching chapters to CVTU. Might as well join where I fish the most :)

Last edited:
N
We would love to have you join us!!

John Leonard, CVTU VP & Membership Chairman

Last edited:
zerodrag
Congrats CVTU! If I lived in the cumberland valley I would join that chapter in a heartbeat. I love those waters.

Last edited:
salvelinusfontinalis
John,

Ill be switching chapters in about 2 weeks. Membership has just run out and once I get the extra $ ill be joining up.

Unfortunately my work shift Ill make it impossible to attend meetings but weekend work days on the water I am available to attend.

Last edited:
F
This year will be the tenth annual Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Heritage Day and will be held at the pavilion at Allenberry Resort as in the past. I’ve attended most of these over the years either as a spectator or vendor and always look forward to it.

pfma1.jpg
The event helps raise funds for the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum Association. The PFFMA holds the most extensive collection of fly fishing memorabilia in the state including many of the artifacts and personal papers of our state’s legacy anglers such as Vince Marinaro. The PFFMA currently has a display of some of this collection a short walk up the Allenberry complex in Fairfield Hall. This display also includes a cabinet telling the story of the famous Penn State Fly Fishing Course and George Harvey’s unique legacy. If you’re an “alumnus” of this course, seeing the display ought to make for a nice trip down memory lane.

The event runs 8:30am to 4pm and includes over seventy vendors and speakers conducting casting and fly tying demos as well as vendors selling old used gear and books, art, as well as more bamboo rod vendors this year. I’ve found many a good deal on old equipment, especially older books and fly reels over the years. Underwater Oz will be conducting a video presentation; Ye Old Colonial Angler will be there too….in addition to many other events. Cost is $8 (kids free) or you can pre-register online for $12 and enjoy a buffet lunch as well.

If you've never seen this event, by all means check it out this year. Hope to see yuh there.
Hit the link below for more info or to register: http://www.paflyfishing.org/heritage_12.html

Dave W

Padraic
This is a fantastic day! Well worth a drive to check out.

Last edited:
Padraic

Last edited:
Padraic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back