Penns Creek - Rain

tjsingle

tjsingle

Hey all,

I had planned on heading up to Penns tomorrow but it looks like there's going to be some heavy rains overnight. NWS is forecasting approx. 3/4" to 1" of rain overnight. I assume it'll be blown out tomorrow? Flows are around 250CFS at the moment.

Thanks!

Just got back from the Penns C&R section. It's tough to say for sure, but rn the NWS is saying 1-2", so I'd bet Penns will be out of bounds for at least tomorrow if not longer. Who knows though. Bummer about your trip, but we need rain bad. Penns is low and getting warm. I'd love a few more weeks on it, but without some serious rain it could be too hot to fish real soon.

Just got back from the Penns C&R section. It's tough to say for sure, but rn the NWS is saying 1-2", so I'd bet Penns will be out of bounds for at least tomorrow if not longer. Who knows though. Bummer about your trip, but we need rain bad. Penns is low and getting warm. I'd love a few more weeks on it, but without some serious rain it could be too hot to fish real soon.

Yeah always tough to say, I didn't really want to risk a 3 hour drive for blown out creeks! Seems like its fishable now based on the Penns Creek Angler report on FB.

Definitely good the watershed got some rain though!

Totally. I checked the gauge as soon as I woke up and was disappointed to see that it was only around 700cfs, especially after it rained pretty hard at my house. I don't mind 700, but the color could be bad considering the farms upstream and the lack of recent rain. Might be great too, what do I know. Hope you can make it up before it gets hot. The variety and consistency of spinners is nuts right now.

Totally. I checked the gauge as soon as I woke up and was disappointed to see that it was only around 700cfs, especially after it rained pretty hard at my house. I don't mind 700, but the color could be bad considering the farms upstream and the lack of recent rain. Might be great too, what do I know. Hope you can make it up before it gets hot. The variety and consistency of spinners is nuts right now.

Yeah I've fished 700CFS as well, tough wading but doable.

I think I'll try to get up there before summer really kicks in.

I'd like to get up there again. I haven't been there in a few years. We didn't get the amount of rain here they predicted for the Altoona-Johnstown area.

Penns was in good shape this morning above Weikert at the dead end so you should be good. The water was slightly off color.
Beware the temps are increasing. Yesterday in the morning 63 but 70 in the afternoon. This morning temp was 64.

Back