Coburn.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PENNS.jpg
    PENNS.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Above Weikert.jpg
    Above Weikert.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 3
THat's a lot of water for the Allegheny River.
Yeesh.

Looks like the area got 6-8". Insane. And I was supposed to go camping with a buddy on Penns in a week. Crap.

We are heading up to Poe Paddy on Thursday. Im have a feeling it will be ok by then. I hope.

I saw on the news how the entire town got flooded.

We are going up to Poe Paddy at the end of the week. Streamer game only in the big creek? Pattern suggestions?

I was wondering when it's been higher and under what circumstances. This wasn't even a hurricaine.

On Saturday I talked to a guy who lives in Penns Valley. He said "no one was hurt." So that's a good thing.

BTW, I fished a brookie stream yesterday (Sunday), a tributary to Pine Creek, which was still up into the bushes and at about 2000 cfs yesterday.

The brookie stream was in perfect condition, moving fast, but clear, and the brookie fishing was very good, with dry flies.

When the big creeks are too high to fish is when the small streams are at their best flow levels.

When the big creeks have perfect flows, the small streams have flow levels below optimum.

JeffP wrote:
We are heading up to Poe Paddy on Thursday. Im have a feeling it will be ok by then. I hope.

Here is the Penns Creek report >

http://www.streamconditions.com/StreamConditions_Fishing_Report.cfm?stream=Penns%20Creek

Thanks Afish! Unfortunately my brother got Covid despite being vaccinated. He most likely picked it up in the classroom. It's bad right now in Lancaster County. I would think Penns will be fishable this weekend but we won't be there. Maybe Halloween weekend or wait until the Spring. As good as the hatchers are in the spring, I love the slower based and the relaxed feeling of fall up there.

Jeff, I hope your brother doesn't get a severe case and recovers quickly.

Thanks Dave! He's doing pretty well! He's on this site. Maybe he'll chime in. We are going fishing locally tomorrow. Not the same as Penns but should be fun anyway. Driving separate of course.

Back