Penn State Wilkes Barre Area

G

Golf2fish

First ever post. I have a golf event of Sunday 5/3 at Huntsville Golf Club, a 2+ hour drive from home, and was thinking about going up a day early fishing all day Saturday then finding a place to stay. Don't know the area, any help to located a stream would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

You can take Rt. 118 east and try Fishing Creek in the Benton area.

Harvey's Creek is a bit closer on 118 and don't be afraid to explore Red Rock Mountain for brookies.

Scrap it and try to get extra round in at Huntsville...great course. Playing in PA mid-am?

Actually some of the best trout fishing in NE PA is very close to W-B. Get a good map, do some research on the PFBC web site for trout streams, or whatever you are targeting. Then find the location on the map. I've fished many streams in and around W-B, there are a lot of good ones.

Golf at Mill Race in Benton, and fish the creek.

How did you get on at Huntsville?

thanks for all the replies, have fished several places along Fishing Creek in the Benton area and may just do that if I can get the key to a friends cabin in Jamison City. Can't really go wrong with Fishing Creek and the access along 487 makes it easy. Going to Huntsville at part of The Golf Association of Phila Team Matches. The PA Mid-am is not in my future, although I did qualify for the US mid-am in 2000 where I went to the Homestead in Virginia. Some of the rainbows I saw on that trip were unbelievable.

duckfoot,

I worked as assistant pro 20 yrs ago. Got some sweet hook ups back then. Huntsville is sweet. Played PA mid am there while back and embarrassed myself. LOL. Played last year more than I did in the previous 7-8.yrs....thought of trying PA mid am this year then snapped out of my daydream. 74-75 is a good day for me but it's more likely to be a 79-80.

Golf2fish,
You might know my best friend (Jeff Daniels). He made it to final 8 in US publinks and match play in US Am ... Maybe 2004-ish.

Yeah, Huntsville looks pretty damn nice from my car twice a day. Grr...

Back