Pemberton Bridge Access at New Enterprise

albud1962

albud1962

A few years ago, New Enterprise posted the property near the Pemberton Bridge and the NS railroad bridge crossing. This area is key to fishing a significant part of the Little J. LRJA through its efforts was able to get the area reopen with the stipulation that the access users pay for the associated liability insurance. Annually this is $5,000 a year.

As an older guy, I appreciate this area because the wading is easier than other parts of the river. I know many of the members of this forum fish the Little J and this spot in particular. I am stepping up and contributing to keep this area open. Please consider a donation to LRJA for the this purpose. While I am saddened that New Enterprise has taken this approach to the access, I understand their concern and reasoning why they would request the river users cover these costs.

Not a criticism, but for me the your post was cryptic. So, let me see if I understand. New Enterprise is the quarry operation on the Little J near Rt. 453 in Tyrone? LJRA is the Little Juniata River Association a non-profit for the benefit of the Little J? If all of the above is correct, I will send a contribution to he LJRA for the insurance.

Thanks for the info.

donations can be sent to the address on the website or paid by credit card/paypal

http://www.littlejuniata.net/join-ljra/

If you choose to pay online place in the notes it is for access. It's a good idea to send Bill an email letting him know you made the donation online

Here’s a deal for you- $150 donation will get you a private 4 hour tour of the river with Bill Anderson President of the LJRA. That’s cheaper than guide!!

If you fish the little “j” and enjoy it , please consider donating. If it ain’t you- then who is going to donate??

LJRA - Life Member

Yes, the tour with Bill Anderson is very worthwhile.

I had been fishing the Little J for 35 years at the time. And even though I thought I knew the river pretty well, I found out quite a few new things, and sections of it that I hadn't fished before

To not raise false expectations. The tour for a lifetime membership is not a guided fishing trip. It is a tour of locations.If timing is right you might fish together.

A guided fishing trip is part of the platinum membership.

http://www.littlejuniata.net/join-ljra/

Sorry for not being more specific, thanks for the clarification.

This is a great organization

Yes LJRA has truly accomplished a lot. The river is now managed as a completely wild trout fishery with awesome fly fishing opportunities. I am grateful I have had the privilege of fishing it many times and hope to continue fishing it. Thank you all who have contributed to keeping the Pemberton Access open.

Back