PB brookie and size question

TheBluegillMaster

TheBluegillMaster

I just caught my PB brookie on an elk hair caddis today. How big do you guys recon he is? I don’t want to give a biased estimate.

Attachments

• 9CD7DE46-9FF7-4832-9750-50E8E5BA0B88.jpeg
    9CD7DE46-9FF7-4832-9750-50E8E5BA0B88.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 187
The light overall color of that fish is slightly similar to those from streams with predominately light colored substrates, such as those covered with iron precipitate or those with white sand and gravel substrates.

The stream is somewhat like that. It also rained recently so it was kind of murky, and that may cause that color.

Dear Bluegill Master,

Nice fish!

Post the picture again in a couple of days. I guarantee it'll be even bigger then because all fishermen know fish get bigger after they are caught, and the story gets retold. That's science! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dear Bluegill Master,

Nice fish!

Post the picture again in a couple of days. I guarantee it'll be even bigger then because all fishermen know fish get bigger after they are caught, and the story gets retold. That's science! ;)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
I asked one of my non-fishing friends how big it was, he said it was twelve inches! Feel bad for his gf 😂

8-9", probably closer to 9"

Measure the grip and real seat on you rod to use as a future reference. Grips are usually 6.5-7.5" inches and seats are around 3 5" but these measurements vary.

I asked one of my non-fishing friends how big it was, he said it was twelve inches...!

Every time I hear someone telling me about all of these 12" fish they catch I tell them to get out a measuring tape and look at how long 12" is on a tape or ruler...

All of sudden those 12 "inchers" become 9 & 10 "inchers." ;)

Nice 9 "incher" BluegillMaster!!

Every time I hear someone telling me about all of these 12" fish they catch I tell them to get out a measuring tape and look at how long 12" is on a tape or ruler...

All of sudden those 12 "inchers" become 9 & 10 "inchers." ;)

Nice 9 "incher" BluegillMaster!!
That’s like those 12-13 inch, TWO LB, largemouth bass that everyone says they catch. Funny how there is never a 1 lb largemouth reported.

I would say that’s a solid 9-incher, and a beautiful fish! Nice job!

Back