Patriot Series, Irish Style

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

had the idea to do this set about this time last year, and im just now getting it finished.

Basically modelled on Stevens' seriesof the same name.

I've stuck to the same materials for the most part, but changed the colors, and in one case used embossed tinsel.

rough around the edges here and there.

Eire (modelled on America)
2013-06-16-16-14-01-691.jpg

Connemara (Modelled on Casablanca)
2013-06-16-16-16-05-081.jpg

Michael Collins (modelled on Gen MacArthur)
2013-06-16-16-14-52-731.jpg

Saorise (Modelled on Victory)
2013-06-16-16-12-14-404.jpg

I'm gonna retie them all with consistent coloring (hackles on Saoirse are different from the rest), smoother bodies etc.

Basically a trial run that turned out pretty well.

Eunan

Very, very nice!

Aren't you Northern Irish? You could have kept the colors the same and named them after Unionish names ;-) "The Rangers Football Club", for example!

These are pretty bad @ss though. Again, the heads are just amazing. Ties it all together for me. I love the Michael Collins.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Aren't you Northern Irish? You could have kept the colors the same and named them after Unionish names ;-) "The Rangers Football Club", for example!

These are pretty bad @ss though. Again, the heads are just amazing. Ties it all together for me. I love the Michael Collins.

Its all the same really! (NOT)

Thanks for the appreciation.

Next time i do a streamer, i'll take some photos and make a Step by step post, including the head.

Eunan

This is a serious question. Do people tie these just for looks and tge challenge or do tgey actually fish these? They look cool but wasnt sure if u actaully used them to catch fish. No disrespect, a serious question.

J55tyger88 wrote:
This is a serious question. Do people tie these just for looks and tge challenge or do tgey actually fish these? They look cool but wasnt sure if u actaully used them to catch fish. No disrespect, a serious question.

This set is more of an artistic variation of another set i posted a while back (Carrie Stevens Patriot Series, which you can see here)

The stevens flies were tied for fishing (specifically, trolling), but can also be tied smaller and shorter for casting.

They were developed primarily as fishing flies, though nowadays, mostly i tie them for display purposes.

Eunan

Ok cool. Well the look really cool. Do you epoxy the heads?

Sally hansens hard as nail, uv resin then sall hansens top shine

Sally hansens hard as nail, uv resin then sall hansens top shine

Back