patagonia waders

jrflyfish

jrflyfish

just got a pair of patagonia rio gallegos waders to replace my leaking orvis pro guides. used them once, so far so good.

Pros.
fleece lined booties
suspender system that converts to waist high
less leg seems only two inside leg and outside leg
inside leg seems are taped inside and outside

cons.
no hand warmer pocket like on my orvis pro guides
gravel guards, they need to be long as to cover whole boot
flip out pocket is a little flimsy and thin, car keys might rip it
the price $450

Have the same waders, got them a couple weeks ago.
Same pros but would add waterproof inside pocket, great customer service, the fit is great.
Cons
no hand warmer pocket.

Other than that, the gravel guards were as long as my simms, I wouldn't put my keys in that pocket because I think it is more for phones and whatnot. Price wise they are alot cheaper than G4s

I have been using a pair of Patagonia waders for 2 seasons now. I found them at a sale/clearance price that I couldn't pass up. Ive been very happy with them. Ive really scraped up on some sharp sticks coming off of downed trees and all sorts of thorns and theyve held up. Also, I really like that they can be rolled down to waist highs.

As much as I like them...theyre just too expensive for me at full price.

Fleece booties sound very nice.

Best waders I have ever owned. 4 seasons now in the watermasters.

the lack of handwarmer pocket was enough to keep me from getting a pair

and the suspender system wasn't as good as I thought it would be

I'm on my fourth or fifth season with my Watermaster II and I have been pleased with them. I have treated the things poorly over the years by leaving them in the trunk over the summer and only treating the shell once. The membrane is just starting to break down now on the inside of my calves, but that is what Aquaseal is for. I will be buying another set of Patagonia next time.

Kev, hate to say it but I have to strongly disagree with the suspender system. I had a pair of the guide model from before and the clip system on those was terrible and I just left them up all the way all the time. With the new system I can lift two latches and adjust them wherever I want. To each their own.

Back