Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boots

Letort

Letort

I have used exclusively Simms Guide boots the past 10 years. Last pair, I was very displeased with the Simms traction - soles would not hold studs and rubber seemed slippery. Added aluminum rock treads, but they eventually fell out.

Based on other reviews, I gave the Patagonia a try. When they dropped the price at the beginning of the season, it pushed me over the edge. I am very glad I did it, they are much more comfortable than the Simms and the aluminum bars really do a good job in providing the traction I was looking for.

Letort wrote:
I have used exclusively Simms Guide boots the past 10 years. Last pair, I was very displeased with the Simms traction - soles would not hold studs and rubber seemed slippery. Added aluminum rock treads, but they eventually fell out.

Based on other reviews, I gave the Patagonia a try. When they dropped the price at the beginning of the season, it pushed me over the edge. I am very glad I did it, they are much more comfortable than the Simms and the aluminum bars really do a good job in providing the traction I was looking for.

I have the Patagonia Foot Tractors old model and fished them all last season. I'm very pleased with them for the traction, the fit and comfort. I purchased a back-up set of aluminum bars while they were still in stock in hopes the boots outlast the bars. Time will tell.

I picked up a pair on sale at the beginning of last year and have really been impressed in the water. Not so much on the hike to the water, but fortunately most of my fishing doesn't include an extensive hike in.
One caveat is that I liked my studded boots better on icy surfaces. The bars don't dig in as well as a pair of studs.

I have an older model pair too i have used for 2 seasons now and i couldn't be happier. I wouldn't fish the Lehigh River without them. When these wear out i will pony up the 350 or whatever for the newer version with the Danner boot no problem

timmyt2 wrote:
I have an older model pair too i have used for 2 seasons now and i couldn't be happier. I wouldn't fish the Lehigh River without them. When these wear out i will pony up the 350 or whatever for the newer version with the Danner boot no problem

As I posted earlier, I too think they're great.

And if they work in the an ***-busting river like the Lehigh......they'll work anywhere.

Back