Patagonia Canyonwalker Wading Boots

albatross

albatross

Anyone have experience with Patagonia Canyonwalker Wading Boots? My Korkers are wearing out (after a nice 2 year run) and I'm looking for a replacement.

Attachments

• PatagoniaCanyonwalker.jpg
    PatagoniaCanyonwalker.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 23
Cheapest item I've ever seen from patagucci.

No experience with them, but I'd imagine they are good. Let us know.

Great boots...can't go wrong.

I just sent my wife an e-mail with a Christmas present suggestion!

Thanks guys!

Looking up the price I found some reviews...good price though.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Reviews/1899H_Patagonia-Canyonwalker-Wading-Boots-Felt-Sole-For-Men-.html

Alby I own the boots and thus far I like them very much. They give pretty good support, are decently comfortable to hike into stream with and are very easy to get on an off. That is a big plus as all the other wading boots I've owned were such a pain to put on and take off. I didn't buy the studded version as I'm too cheap and young/agile enough to catch myself when the slippage starts. For the price you can't go wrong.

The only thing I didn't like about them is that while they give you great ankle support (they're pretty high) the first few times I wore them I felt like they were digging a bit into my achilles tendon. I think I just needed to get used to more of a 'high top' version of wading boots. Good to go now.

I think I'll get the plain felt and add my own studs (Simms Hard Bite Boot Studs) for $15. This will still cost me less than the studded version of the boot.

The Simms studs are carbide and don't wear down like regular machine screws will. The fact that I won't have to replace them justifies the $15.

I may have to do the same. I didn't know simms made something affordable :)

quality is not cheap, if it was all the people of the world driving dodge neons would be driving lincolns and caddys.

troutslammer wrote:
quality is not cheap, if it was all the people of the world driving dodge neons would be driving lincolns and caddys.

Well at least that gives me a good idea of what you perceive as quality. :p

alby,
I've gone through 2prs of the felt version over the past four years (2yrs/pr). With both pairs, the latter with stitched felt, the felt soles debonded after 1 year. Even so, I'd still buy another pair plus the requisite two tubes of Barge cement.

I may have to ask for them too. They can be had at a good price.

Patagonia is worth the money when you can find them on sale I say. Simms as well. I know bruno loves patagonia.

I bought them about a month ago and like them but not a lot of time on them (2 outings)

I had Korkers before and these are much lighter....

allegheny , 2 pr in 4yrs , how many times a year do u wear them would u say as real good guess , just curious ?

troutslammer,
I fish a lot, maybe 70 days/yr? My current pair is busting at the seams.

I am a fan of Patagonia products. The waders are the bomb. However I am going to suggest the Chota's STL Plus boots. This is my first season with them and so far no complaints. They are the most comfortable boot I own. I could wear them everyday as a regular boot. Plus the lacing system is a breeze. David did a nice review on them in the blog section. Check them out.

i would second bruno's suggestion , i have the chota stls ,and they wear like iron in my opinion , i replaced the pair i have now in june and i have over 60 days use , meaning 8hr fishing trips as a average out , and no signs of wear other than on the one boots speed laces . how much u wear a wading boot says alot about the quality thats why i feel everyone who recomends a boot ,tell everyone how much u use them. I am not retired by a long shot ,but i am in the second phase of getting help for my fly fishing problem.

Sorry Bruno, I'm too cheap. Best price I could find online for the Chota's with cleats is $120.

Albatross,
Saw that boot on sale, both felts & studded felts, on Madison River Fishing Co. clearance sale. Both about 1/2 off retail.

Thanks Hendey, but my wife was too quick. I think she only paid $7 more than MRFC is charging, so its no big deal. I will psot a review when I get to try these boots, but I don't expect that to be till after Christmas.

Back