PARTICIPATE IN THE PFBC SURVEY FOR PLANNING FUTURE POLICY. Deadline: 31 May 19

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Linked below is a survey by the PFBC from their site allowing input from the public to guide them in their planning for the future.

NOW is the time to give your input >

https://www.fishandboat.com/AboutUs/Pages/StrategicPlanSurvey.aspx

Thank you for the information. Survey taken.

Thanks for the link.

I didn't have a whole lot to say in the survey, except that I thought they need to stop stocking over wild populations on a lot of streams. Put those trout in streams that don't have any natural reproduction.

I would rather just ***** on line and hope the PFBC decides to monitor my social media activity.

Done.

Completed.....you would think they would have a more in-depth survey than this.

I never thought about it before, but I actually struggled on the "what does the PFBC do right" question. I think I came up with a few token "good", but I really couldn't think of anything major that's done right.

This is something PATU should email blast to all the members to get them to provide input. This is our chance to voice our opposition to Class A stocking. Please share w/ your friends and get them to provide feedback.

silverfox wrote:
I never thought about it before, but I actually struggled on the "what does the PFBC do right" question. I think I came up with a few token "good", but I really couldn't think of anything major that's done right.

This is something PATU should email blast to all the members to get them to provide input. This is our chance to voice our opposition to Class A stocking. Please share w/ your friends and get them to provide feedback.

I said they do a nice job exploring new trout waters looking for wild populations. I also think there list of wild trout waters is awesome.

ryansheehan wrote:
silverfox wrote:

I said they do a nice job exploring new trout waters looking for wild populations. I also think there list of wild trout waters is awesome.

+1

I also complemented them on their updated web site, particularity the trout streams maps.

I completely understand the position against stocking. I’m all for not stocking over class A.

But to suggest the PAFBC doesn’t do anything well? They can’t please everyone, they can improve some things and such.

I can say the access points, launches etc. pretty darn nice. Look at Balls Eddy, Shehawkin, and Buckingham on the D. Show me a NY access that isn’t just a rut in the river bank.

Took the survey and also voiced my concern about stocking over identified wild trout populations. Maybe, just maybe, if they get enough comments about it they'll finally stop and let the wild fish thrive!
Overall I think they do a good job, and it's great that they're doing this survey. Hopefully it shows them the shift in the average angler's mindset, from put and take to respecting and appreciating the amazing wild trout resources available to us here in the Commonwealth!

I found it tough to answer the "what does the PFBC do well" question. I had to think for a while and answered "maintaining public access".

Honestly, I don't think anything will come of it, like the "stocking over class a" input. I at least submitted my opinion. Now it can be ignored as a fringe thought.

I had plenty to say as a landowner. Thanks for the link.

Ron

Bump.
This survey is still open until 31 May. Please send your comments to PFBC.

Back