Palomino Trio

mute

mute

For whatever reason this year has been a golden year, literally. Seems like the yellow guys won't stay off my line. All caught from different streams.

French creek

Kepner creek

Ithan Creek

Figure

All 3 fish took different flies. Size 18 white zebra, size 14 mayfly nymph and size 8 wooly bugger.

tiwG5dZl.jpg

cDpVP9o.jpg

ecedyB5.jpg

X92Uiu6.jpg

kLWcUyW.jpg

That's quite an accomplishment. I never see those things feed. But to me they are not an attractive fish.

No, I agree. I just think they're so ugly. I've caught several in my life, only one time by purpose haha! The upside to them is they're usually big, and are a lot of fun.

If that was in one season, pretty impressive. If you did that in one day, unheard of.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
No, I agree. I just think they're so ugly. I've caught several in my life, only one time by purpose haha! The upside to them is they're usually big, and are a lot of fun.
I think I was there

You were there! Turkey said, "I couldn't get him to look". I drifted a size 10 HE by him at least a dozen times before he finally moved for it. Hilarity ensued! The funniest part was calling my dad to bring a net to land it hahahahaha! Oh man. Good trip. We should go back to that stream in the Fall.

Huntzdale's Finest!

Don't worry guys...they will make more!

Attachments

• IMG_0112_R.jpg
    IMG_0112_R.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
Wild...I can tell by the tail

PhilC wrote:
Wild...I can tell by the tail

They're wild but you can't tell by the tail. You have to look for the orange bulls eye on the side of their head. Only wild ones have it. :-D

The_Sasquatch wrote:
You were there! Turkey said, "I couldn't get him to look". I drifted a size 10 HE by him at least a dozen times before he finally moved for it. Hilarity ensued! The funniest part was calling my dad to bring a net to land it hahahahaha! Oh man. Good trip. We should go back to that stream in the Fall.

Ohhhh yeah. I harassed that fish pretty good. I would've bet a paycheck that he wouldn't have given you the time of day. 5 minutes later you had him on. I was talking to your dad and then we heard you hollering. That was a nice stream.

salvelinus wrote:
That's quite an accomplishment. I never see those things feed. But to me they are not an attractive fish.
I've seen them feeding constantly, they never stop, but seldom have I seen them rise. They will strike hard on streamers and nymphs.

I caught one of these man-made monstrosities last week -- from a non-stocked section of a wild trout stream. I guess I should have killed it, but I put it back for someone else to do the deed. I suppose he got there from the stocked section of stream, which is less than 2 miles from where I caught him. Surprisingly, at least to me, he actually fought harder that a couple of large wild browns I caught and released this season.

Back