Palmerton Curve on the LR

A

AFISHN

I noticed today that there were 3-4 vehicles parked on the Palmerton Curve this morning.With 1,000 cfs being reported today and air temps in the 90s, I was just curious and for future Fall fishing expeditions...is that area a safe wade at 1,000 cfs and does that area hold sm?
Thanks

Anything over 800cfs at Lehighton I would advise not wading. But it is all relative. There can be good fishing in that area. Lots of great character to the water both upstream and down. I'm sure it holds smallies.

What is the Palmerton Curve? The old dam site?

My error,Shane:it's called the "Palmerton Horseshoe"on the LRCFA site......but when I was helping stock the LR this year,the area was referred to as the "Palmerton Curve"

O the horeshoe. Ok, I have never waded that section. I have seen guys wade up above it while I floated through, but I have never seen much action. There is a heavy run up above that I have done well with smallies. A few trout here and there. The run below the horseshoe is pretty awesome, but it is deep and you need a boat to anchor on them.

Like said above, better with a boat or a kayak. It was always hit and miss wading. I did some night fishing there and did well though. Wading was really tough too. Went swimming a time or two in that area.

Back