Paflyfish.com

PaulG

PaulG

I was just reading and looking at the pics from the Elk creek, Erie Co thread.

Isn't it great that we have a site like this to go too. We have these get togethers, we meet new people(good people), make new friends and have a great time.

Im sure glad I found the site many years ago. I would have to say it's one of the best things that happen to me. Over the years I have made many good friends, and continue to do so!

Thanks to Dave and the rest of you people...it's been great!

PaulG

The site has definitely enhanced my enjoyment of the sport both by improving my skills and introducing me to a lot of great people. I used to fish alone exclusively and now rarely fish by myself. I have made friends with folks from all over the state as well. Underestimated by many is the way that the annual Jamboree contributes to the sense of community we have here. I hope everyone will make an effort to attend in the coming year.

Agreed. One of the basic concepts of the site is to share ideas. I have learned much from reading user contributions. But you learn so much more when you get to meet some of the other great fisherman on this site and watch them in action. Nuances that are tough to describe in word are often easy to observe.

Love the site...and love fishing with the guys on the site!

Thanks for the comments.

As always I think of Maurice, Jack and Pad as standing out and helping on the site in so many ways. We all really owe them a lot for their help in keeping the site informative and friendly for everybody.

I especially want to thank them for their help!

No doubt about it!

I like to think of PAFF as a way to satisfy my fly fishing fix without the required waders, etc. This site is normally the first site I visit when sitting down at the computer. On that note, I just got a new laptop which operates much faster and smoother so I hope to contribute much more. In the past, the P.I.T.A. factor prevented many of my posts.

Thanks to the mods for helping further my crippling addiction to all that is fly fishing. Love the site, and look forward to becoming a frequently contributing member.

Weres Pad been haven't seen anything from him in a while ?

Pad, is fine, I talk to him a couple times aweek PM's. Not sure why he hasn't been stopping by the site. I know he's been busy helping his wife, with her work.

PaulG

I really appreciate the connections I've made with board members here over the last couple years. Its almost scary that some folks are looking up to me for advice. Just a few short years ago I was a rank amateur at this sport. I'm getting better, but I've fished with enough really good fishermen to know I'm not there myself yet. I do credit PaFlyFish.Com with accelerating the learning curve for me.

PaulG wrote:
Pad, is fine, I talk to him a couple times aweek PM's. Not sure why he hasn't been stopping by the site. I know he's been busy helping his wife, with her work.

PaulG
Thats good I was wondering I think its been about a month since he posted last

I'm not sure how long this site has been here,but I wish I woulda found it sooner.This is a great place.

This site is also almost always the first place I go when sit down at the computer.
Alby, you might be short on time on the water compared to some other folks here, but your cast is a true natural and puts you ahead of the curve compared to other folks with the same amount of time.
I noticed it at Erie last year with Jack and Nomo and Jeff remarked about it at the Breeches this year.

Oh come-on, your making me blush!

It must be natural because I haven't spent much time studying or practicing casting.

albatross wrote:
Oh come-on, your making me blush!

But your very cute when you blush, Alby! :lol:

You are one heck of a fisherman!!!

Back