PAFF 2010 JAM SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
PAFF 2010 JAM
MAY 21ST – MAY 23RD
HEMLOCK ACRES - COBURN, PA

FRIDAY MAY 21ST

Jam attendees often start arriving throughout the day. Some of us will be there overnight to get a head start. We don't have use of the pavilion until 300 PM on Friday, when some Jamboree attendees will be pitching in to set up the pavilion for a convenient central location for meeting and events. Stop by after 3:00PM to help or meet others trying to get back out on the water.

Throughout the weekend, the pavilion is available for use as a staging or meeting area.

Fire Ring at the pavilion around dark

Fly Tying Marathon - All fly tyers are encouraged to bring their tying stuff to the pavilion to share their patterns and tying techniques.

Live Fly Swap – Members tie and exchange flies at the Jam and guaranteed fish. Participants signed up are: JayL, Dryflyguy, Fishidiot David Flipnfly, Fredrick, and Afishinado. Anyone wanting to exchange flies see Afishinado. DaveK, Maurice, and JackM also receive flies.

See an artist at work! - Dave Weaver (Fishidiot) will working on creating some of his art. He will donate the painting to be raffled off at the Jam

Talking Fly Fishing - Jonas from “The Featured Hook” Fly shop will discuss fly-fishing in the area

SATURDAY MAY 22ND

Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion

Casting Demos 9-10am at the pavilion. If you’re a beginner or an intermediate caster looking to improve or learn some new tricks, show up with your rod in hand! If you’re an expert, share your skill. Just show up with your rod at the pavilion. Lestrout (Les Young) and other members will work on casting techniques. Les will also have several bamboo rods to cast.

Fire Ring at the pavilion around dark

Fly Tying Marathon - All fly tyers are encouraged to bring their tying stuff to the pavilion to share their patterns and tying techniques.

See an artist at work! - Dave Weaver (Fishidiot) will working on creating some of his art. He will donate the painting to be raffled off at the Jam

Talking Fly Fishing - Dave Wolf, the Author of “Flyfisher's Guide to Pennsylvania” will give a talk on fly fishing in PA.

Live Entertainment! - The PAFF Band (under the impromptu choreography of JackM) will belch out some great tunes for all to enjoy. It’s not too late to join the band, just bring your instrument and/or voice and let Jack M know so he can coordinate the show.

SUNDAY MAY23RD

Coffee 6-9am available at the pavilion

I see no mention of beer...otherwise it looks GREAT!

If I may add:

Some folks find fishing the evening rise rewarding. Others may be back to camp before dark or not go out at all. If you find yourself at the pavillion before anyone else, feel free to start a fire and begin the festivities.

Also, please keep in mind that we are merely a group of unrelated persons choosing to gather in the same location. Nonetheless, the behavior of any one or more people will reflect on us as a group. Drive slow in the CG, park only where designated, don't get caught doing anything illegal. Respect the CG rules. We get to bend the rules slightly on quiet hours, but it is still in everyone's interest to try not to disturb other campers. This is why we are at the pavilion. Yet, the pavillion is not so isolated that we can just carry-on at any level until the wee hours. By all means have fun, Rudy will be around I'm sure if our noise level becomes disruptive.

When you arrive at the CG, even if you aren't staying overnight, please stop at the office and discuss your stay. Rudy may give us specific instructions. CGs usually charge for "day" visitors and have a right to do so as they use the facilities to some extent. All arrangements between visitors and campers are between the individual and the CG owner (Rudy).

I am interested in hearing Mr. Wolf speak if I make it up. Jonas is funny.

Cant wait. Sounds great. Nice schedule. Very interested in learning more.

Talking with our sponsors at Tenkara and Allen Fly Fishing about putting in a little something into the weekend. Hope to have some more details soon. Looking at demo equipment and other fun ideas for the weekend.

Stay tuned.

Looks like a great weekend, I would like to add one thing.

The days we have the coffee at my camper, please don't drive up, no place to park. If your just coming in for the coffee or far from my camp site, park at the pavillion and walk down.

My Camp site is D12

PaulG

This is on my information page:

hemlock2010.jpg

Notice when entering the CG from Siglerville-Millheim Pike, you drive in a counterclockwise direction past the office and up the hill on Hemlock Drive. You begin seeing the horizontal bisecting roadways. Turning LEFT on Maple Road will take you to the loop road heading out of the CG just across from the entrance to the pavilion.

Tom,

I don't want anyone thinking we are getting carried away. This crew won't be showing up.

Attachments

• sponsors.jpg
    sponsors.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3
So you had a chance to bring the 420 girls, but chose not to!!?!?!

JayL,

I know it is all about the fly fishing for so many and didn't want anything to take that away for you.

It's a bitter medicine, but it's probably one I have to take if I plan on sticking any fish!

I better refrain from commenting on that last line!

Just received the demo rods and gear from Tenkara. Anyone interested in checking out the rods please at the Jam send me an email dkile@paflyfish.com or a PM.

Daniel added a Tenkara rod for the raffle!

I have not used this myself so we all can have some fun trying this out. :-D

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 6
I don't know if you have a set time for fly tying demos, but doing that over morning coffee would seem to be an ideal time IMO.
Most of the hatching and rising activity will likely be in the afternoon and evening anyways. What do you guys think?

Good point DFG. I guess your bringing your coffee mug, your vise, and some of your secret dry fly recipes and techniques.......

See you there.

Yes, the morning is a good time for those activities, or even mid-afternoon if the sun is bright. I may spend some time back at the CG between noon and 4 if I get a chance to put in a few hours of fishing early in the day. Depending on the weather, of course, mid-day has been not worth it for me on prior jams. A nap may even be in order.

I was thinking of bringing some scrap rod pieces and hardware and some thread, a book, a box, etc., in case anyone wants to show another attendee the simple art of guide-wrapping.

I'll have my tying box with me and will gladly share a few patterns during the mornings if anyone's interested. But I'll likley be out fishing the rest of the day

This is the first time at the Jam and actually fihing in that area. Is anyone organizing any outings on the water?

Back