PA Trout Stream Map (arcgis)

dwa111

dwa111

The trout stream map functions seems to be down, not allowing to see any overlays on the map.

This map is a key resource and I'm wondering if anyone knows a contact to let them know it's down.

Thanks!

dwa111 wrote:
The trout stream map functions seems to be down, not allowing to see any overlays on the map.

This map is a key resource and I'm wondering if anyone knows a contact to let them know it's down.

Thanks!

Yes, it appears the stream overlays are not showing up on the PFBC trout stream map.

Here is another map (from PSU) that contains all PA (surveyed) wild trout streams to use until the FBC map is fixed >

http://maps.psiee.psu.edu/preview/map.ashx?layer=980

Class A's only map >

http://maps.psiee.psu.edu/preview/map.ashx?layer=986

I believe PFBC is having some network issues as all of the mapping resources, stocked trout lists and app functions are down. I was told they were looking into the issue.

Thank you sir! I was off yesterday and was exploring some new waters (I am new to Chester County). I was dissapointed not to have that map.

I'm heading to Central PA today and given the rain may need to find some of those lesser known streams.

The tribs should all be in great shape depending on where your heading.

Just curious if anyone has any additional info on the arcgis map layer issue. Map layers are still unavailable and there's no press release or info related to it by the PFBC. Anybody have an inside scoop on what's going on?

Local temps are rising so time to rely heavily on these maps to help find cooler water.

Just curious how you rely on the map to find cooler water? There is a tabular list of every class A and wild trout stream with coordinates available in numerous places. Just because a stream is listed as wild trout or even class A does not mean it stays below 70 deg after 3 straight days of 90+ with no rain. Buy a stream thermometer and explore blue lines that have appropriate drainage areas and characteristics near you.

fishing taking place.
If you want the info do some home work check out a map book
the streams are in there. ;)

All map layers are back today.

Back